Applesauce Faked Shortbread Cookies

I didn’t have any powdered sugar, so I changed these a tad bit.

The ratio:

1 c. Flour
4 Tbls. Butter
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
2 Tbls. unsweetened applesauce.
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/8 tsp. Almond extract

Cream sugar, butter, and applesauce. mix in rest of liquid ingredients. Then blend in flours. Chill in the fridge for an hour, then form into a log. place into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Slice with string, and bake for 9 minutes at 350°.

The hint of apple is perfect, I think. Unfnrtunately, I don’t think my grandkids will like these, :frowning_face: , but I do, :smile:

Whoa! second try, freeze the logs for an hour or more, and cut them with a knife. a lot more uniform, and a lot easier, heh.

These ones I’m trying a sugar topping of cinnamon and that peanut butter powder. Don’t have a shaker, so lumpy sugar will have to do, :grin: .

Ok! here’s two logs. Each one is one batch (I had made four). Also, each log fills one 12x16 cookie sheet of about 1/8 inch slices. Perfect size for the kiddos.

8 Likes

Oh well!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They sound good to me!

2 Likes

They sound delicious!

2 Likes

Ooo! Nice. I bet the hint of apple will go great with the cinnamon and sugar topping!

2 Likes

These look yummy. You canmake your own powdered sugar by grinding up the sugar with a teaspoon of corn starch. Use a blender or such.

2 Likes