Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I made another page this morning.

10 Likes

Love those spiral/crescents! Also, cute bird!

1 Like

@marionberries I love the triangles you have going on, great page.

@photojenn your birds are so cute! and I like the darker blue streaks in the background.

@AIMR i like how you added one of your blob colors around your birds. ties it all together

@JoyfulClover love mood on this one. I like the text and the color scheme.

@calluna great texture. good idea on making one to write on!

@LuckyXIIICreations would love to see what you make!

@curiousfae I think it looks great. love your doodles and the heart.

@jemimah fantastic flowers. I have been holding out on inktense but the colors are just so great. the stems gives the page a teesha moore vibe.

@Bel I like your dark edges and your circles. your purple birds are so cute.

@Abbeeroad great page@ love the little birds and the dark circles.

3 Likes

Your new page looks great! The bird is so cute, and lovely details in the layered textures and the lettering!

Thanks! I keep coming back to the Inktense, they are really versatile for mixed media (they even work on fabric), and the colours are vivid. I’ve been having a lot of fun adding black and white stripes to things ever since we did a Zetti challenge about a year ago!

3 Likes

@calluna I really like your own work on the mandalas, but tour quotes SLAY.

@jemimah your little paint daubs look like fireflies

@Bel your colors are so vibrant! Lime is one of my faves! So great you were able to make it!

@Abbeeroad I agree with Always! You somehow achieved a jean type paint wash! How did you do it? Also, I hope your friend had fun and will come back again! Ask if she wants to share hers as well!

@geekgirl this one has definite evening vibes. Esp with the little moons everywhere!

Zetti was the one who kicked it off for me! And when I see the b&w bands, that’s what it always reminds me of! Love!

2 Likes

I didn’t like how I did the words in my original piece…never thought to just use my word processor fonts to print out stuff…added a bit more purple since I like purple…

8 Likes

I watched the video for this one in preparation for participating, and I really love all of the interpretations! It seemed like a nice, non-intimidating layout, and it’s so cool to see how each of you made it your own.

There’s a good chance I’ll lose power at some point this week (ice is coming for at least one, if not 2 storms), and as long as I’m not dealing with falling trees, I might just play around a bit with some journal pages. I have an old book on the porch that was going to be used for another project, but the cover got damaged. So, I think it’s going to be my art journal. I think I’ll go through and pre-gesso a bunch of pages so they’re ready to go. I’m going to go and grab it right now…

3 Likes

I looked at the skinny book journal @geekgirl did and decided I really want to find an old book as well…I am unpacking boxes of books tomorrow from my move (over a year ago!)…

Sounds good to me…we can use them for the upcoming classes!

1 Like

The background is just paint scraped on with an old credit card. :woman_shrugging:

I’m trying to get my friend to join LC…we’ll see. :crossed_fingers:

@AIMR - love the new letters and the purple additions. :purple_heart:

@geekgirl - love the crescents peeking through on your 2nd page. :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

It’s strange… the book I grabbed is an old hardcover copy of the The Bobbsey Twins. I thought I had picked it up in a thrift store, but when I opened it up, it has my name written in it from when I was a kid. I don’t even remember where I got it from all of those years ago, and how it made it’s way into the stack of books on my porch.

3 Likes

Books sometimes find their way home.

I’m reading The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, author of The Night Circus. Books are a main theme.

And I did a bit more defining on this. And a side piece.

Oops

And my clean all the bits off my desk piece. I don’t like it bit it does remind me of a city vacant lot wild and weedy plot. Thank you @jemima for th stipe idea…this a.bit of Washington tape for stems.

7 Likes

Those are wonderful!

I did not like Night Circus for leisure reading … I liked the story, but there was an irritating use of words and phrases over and over that grated on my nerves each time I read them…I just wanted to pull out my Thesaurus and substitute other words…lol…I managed to get through it and then passed the book on…the imagery, however, was fabulous…I have been hesitant to read anything else written by her…

Dang, I keep thinking my own cat Rocket escaped and went to your house! lol

That is so cool!

1 Like

They all look fab! full of movement :paw_prints: and the black fur adds that glamorous extra something :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Felix loves to help where he can. He’s feeling lonely right now because the foster kittens all got adopted on Saturday. So he is wandering around and getting in everyone’s way. The other cat, Oskar, is celebrating because the kittens are gone :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I just finished watching the video from Saturday. Here is my version.

7 Likes

Beautiful! Looks like your animals are trapped in an ice glacier…love the background!

Your dots look so much like mine! :laughing: We definitely watched the same video. And I think we have the same black dot stamp! Great work! Wasn’t this a fun page??

I love the owl and cat! and the cool color palette. Nice interpretation.

Thank you all. It was a fun page and I’ll be looking forward to the next one.

I’m already thinking up ideas for what I want to do next. Lots of things to try.

1 Like