Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

So much fun! Thank you @geekgirl for hosting! And the tea-during-murder quote is the greatest takeaway. :grin:

Here are mine; I decided to make one a writing page so no images or words for now.

And while I was at it, I just finished one more (Los Tigres del Norte, for sheer randomness):

11 Likes

Love what you did around the eyes! All the circles are swoon worthy…and the sideways blue leaves around the words!

@calluna…what a neat idea to put some tape on for texture to paint over! Just love that stencil snowflake thingy you used…both are fab!

1 Like

That’s actually Tyvek wristband: I receive one each day I go to my office during the pandemic, in all different colors, so I’ve been trying to find ways to put them to use! I did try some weaving and melting experiments, which were not successful. Next plan is to use them in sewn bookbinding. These ones are covering the seams of photos hiding under the gesso, helping the cobbled-together pages stay sturdier.

3 Likes

Beautiful work everyone! I just got home from my dads party. I’ll probably do my piece tomorrow.

2 Likes

Interesting use of materials! I have so much junk mail and stuff I can’t bear to throw out…I like the idea of doing a collage of all it and painting it…@geekgirl had some cool ones she did…good way to make backgrounds!

1 Like

They look great, I’m so sorry I missed you guys

5 Likes

I feel like it needs doodles. And more white space. But other than that I like it.

10 Likes

Super cool! I could see those woven & sewn around the edges. Or sewn in skinny strips to make pages. What a neat material to work with.

Y’all made some great looking pages. So inspiring.

3 Likes

I like it a lot…the doodles of hearts on the edges really ties it to the heart in the center…did you leave it that color or did you cut out the heart and glue it on?

I had so much fun doing today’s session! I love painting with you all :art:

My one makes me feel happy. I drew a bunch of simple flowers to add to the bird collage and coloured them with Inktense to make them super bright.

Everyone’s pieces are so varied and beautiful!

@Kwality570 - The gold and purples are gorgeous, so much depth! and great quote, makes me want to put the jug on :coffee:
@geekgirl - This is wonderful, the layered multicoloured brushstrokes make the background come alive! and the quote matches the birds’ expressions perfectly :smiley_cat:
@marionberries - This has so much light in it! beautiful colours and textures!
@photojenn - Your doodle birds are super cute! the patterns and layers in the background have a lovely dancing effect!
@AIMR - This is so pretty with the layering and colours! it looks so soft and ethereal :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:
@JoyfulClover - The colours look so moody and cool! I think the doodling on the collage is working brilliantly, and your handwriting looks so good too!
@calluna - The depth of texture in your work is amazing! It’s so cool to see two different colour schemes - the orange spots on the blue ones add so much zing!
@curiousfae - Fantastic - it’s so bright and alive! The way you drew your border looks great!

Thanks so much for organising Carlee!!

10 Likes

Fun art session - thank you! Lovely to see all your beautiful pages. I’m inspired to have another go and try out some different techniques.

Here’s my one…

12 Likes

Your page looks wonderful @Bel! your birds are so sweet, and I love how the colours layer up together!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the color you chose too!

1 Like

Today was super fun! I love everyone’s pages! I think this is my favorite one so far.

Here’s mine!

11 Likes

Nice work Abbs! Some people just know how to place objects and paint. Perfect!
Loved seeing you and your crafty pal!

1 Like

I drew it out ahead of time and cut it out. It was the easiest and quickest thing I could think of to draw. :joy:

2 Likes

All of the pages look fab - now I need to watch the video! Great work, everyone!

3 Likes

This is gorgeous @Abbeeroad! The mix of pinks really works with the background, and the layering of your stamps and brushstrokes looks great!

Lots of dotty blobs! I really did like this one…everyone did such a good job…each one has something very fun…extra layering, different colors, etc.

@Abbeeroad Your background looks like you painted on denim! Fantastic!

@jemimah love how you used the background technique but added in your birds and flowers in your personal style…and the flower stems…nice!

@Bel So nice to see the artist gene runs in the family! I love your circle in circles and also how you had two distinct colors in the background…that green is fabulous!

2 Likes

Lol. I just follow the video. Everyone else is so good at doing their own interpretation. I still need the training wheels, lol.

I hope she will join me regularly! We had so much fun.

3 Likes