Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Jim just picked up his eyedrops…I need to forage for the box!

2 Likes

Some ideas for you all, if you need a jumping off point.

5 Likes

awesome!

1 Like

This is a pretty good list. Good reference when you are stuck and need some ideas!

1 Like

What: Art journal zoom
When: Sunday April 25th, 2pm Eastern

Lets do this video. It’s about using trash and paper scraps to make art!

You’ll want some paper scraps/ephemera such as tags/price tags, spiral notebook paper scraps, drywall tape, lace, mesh, etc. if you want to give some of your pieces more texture you could use a hole punch to punch some holes.

She first does a whole later of book pages, When I did this before it just added a lot of wetness and you couldn’t see most of it any way. My suggestion is lay down the scraps and trashy pieces first and then if you want some book pages to show through add some on top.

You’ll need the basics like some sort of adhesive, gesso, paints, black pen/pencil. Some sort of focal image.

• I’ll be there
  • Not this time
0 voters

Here’s a screen grab from the video before she starts painting

3 Likes

I think I will prep some pages in advance…I have loads of junk!

4 Likes

I prepped a page in advance, but won’t be able to attend the craft along. Our porch floor project has cluttered up the craft room and we are still laying the floor, we have an afternoon to work ahead of us. So have fun. I’ll watch and follow along with the video later.

4 Likes

I’m having a crampy/sleepy/dopey/grumpy day in bed, so the creative energy’s not flowing for art here today. I’ll be thinking good arty thoughts for you all!

3 Likes

I think I’m going to have to beg off the Zoom as well. I may do some journaling anyway, though.

3 Likes

Here’s my page from today. It was so good to see you ladies and create art together!

8 Likes

Beautiful! I love that string in the corner. I spy some green splatters too. Great contrast. Vibrant texture!

You have nice junk! Love how you mottled the colors…and the script really does add another dimension…good to see you again…I bet these art sessions are almost polar opposite of your weaving, which is so precise and rhythmic! What a balance you have created!

Here’s mine from today. The hearts were paper stickers I bought from Alisa Burke. My sentiment is hard to read but it was from a fortune cookie and reads “how can you have a beautiful ending without beautiful mistakes?”

12 Likes

Beautiful…and is that a leaf? It caught me by surprise!

Did you stamp the words after the paint? None of my book pages showed up at all!

Yes! I got these really thin leaves in a box of paper craft goodies from @sheepBlue. They worked really well with this technique.

And yes, the words were stamped after painting the background!

1 Like

I love that gorgeous colour @photojenn! And I really like how your splatters give just just enough sparkle :sparkles: wonderful rich piece!

That is so pretty @Abbeeroad! All those beautiful layers and colours really sing!

I’ve had a very happy morning playing with paint and markers. I’ve ended up with three little 4x6 pieces.

It was so much fun to create with all of you!!

11 Likes

@photojenn Lovely rich texture. The words really fit with the bold colours, drips and splatters. Love the script peeking through.
@Abbeeroad Beautiful mix of colours and textures. Lots of different patterns all working in harmony. It has a real rhythm to it.
@jemimah Cute bee! Gorgeous glowing background. Your alien is so fun, love how he is holding that label.

Here’s my one. Such a fun session!

10 Likes

That looks fabulous @Bel! Did you paint the fishes? They look amazing!! :fish: :blowfish: :tropical_fish:

I drew them quite awhile ago. Just coloured and cut them out today. Glad they have found a home :grinning:

2 Likes

@jemimah - I LOVE stay weird. So fun and funky. And your black drips (assuming?) are incredible! I want to try black now.

@Bel - those words in the bubbles!! So clever. And the fish are super cute. I love that they are your original art!

3 Likes