Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

A short video to help out with ideas for your art journal

Love the idea of swatch pages.

6 Likes

I love the fabric tabs she used!

I re-did my art journal page! I made such a mess of the first one I just had to start over.

13 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love the warm colours and the black and white, and the way you did the lettering looks great too

1 Like

Most definitely your style…and it is just paper!

Here is mine…my husband likes the Mardi Gras colors…lol…I am going to turn them into something else like @jemimah did…I also will do this one again…it was fun!

9 Likes

Oohh I love that one @geekgirl and the quote is great-I’m stealing it.

@AIMR those colours are fab, I particularly like the heavy outlining of the circles

2 Likes

FREE CLASS ALERT!

Go to www.aworkofheart.com, go to events, and scroll down for “Watch Learn Play.”

Five days of art journal prompts. You can buy the set she uses but I’m thinking we can make our own.

7 Likes

Also, the Fodder School orientation videos are available. Oh boy, I won’t get much done today!

6 Likes

Fabulous @AIMR! I love the colours too, and the way the shadowy blacks give it depth

1 Like

I signed up for Fodder School…three days left for the discounted course!

2 Likes

Woohoo! It’s turning into a good sized group of us who signed up, should be fun.

I meant of ask you during the zoom, where did you get your heavy duty circle punch?

I love everything about your page!

1 Like

Heavy Duty Circle Punch

I bought the 2" and the 1" ones…my Fiskars crapped out in less than a year…

2 Likes

I’m a bit behind on commenting - crazy week!
The journal page I posted - the circles are all cut out of gelli printed coffee filters

@photojenn I love the colors and brightness of your page!

@calluna I love the moody organic vibe of your page

@Edel I love that circle stencil. I think I may have one like it.

@jemimah - I can see a bit of the shimmer. lovely!

@Smmarrt - thanks for the link - I love the idea of swatch pages too. and thanks for the free class link!

@AIMR the colors definitely remind me of Mardi Gras!

2 Likes

Here is another scrap-busting idea.

I think I would just make them individually but I have made snippet rolls before with scraps to use for borders and cards.

5 Likes

I think I need to start a new art journal (cause why would I add on to any of my other work in progresses? :sweat_smile:) to play with everything being shared here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After posting I flipped through all my art journal candidates and decided that none of them were perfect (although one was a runner up!)… I decided a while ago that I prefer spiral bound journals because they lie flat when opened and have room for dimensional pages :wink: Well, I have this really cool spiral bound journal made from an old children’s book. I picked it up at a thrift shop years ago because it was so unusual and I assumed a one-off handmade item… Welllllll guess what’s inside the cover? A little note from the maker(s) and a web site to find more! :heart_eyes: So fast forward to a few hours later and I ordered two of their journals :grin: I’m so excited! And bonus, they are based in Astoria OR (which is where a huuuuuge part of my family lived/grew up - once upon a time)

OK… looooong story (sorry!) here’s the website if anyone else wants to see what they have :slight_smile: https://www.bookjournals.com/ $14 each and I only payed $1 for shipping :partying_face:

5 Likes

Those are really cool

1 Like

I have been to busy and my craft counter is under bits and pieces of other projects. I did manage to make a template for cuting two pipe holes in the new siding we are installing. Tricky process. Why is acurate measuring so hard?

1 Like

I am so impressed by all of the postings here! I have just started art journaling and am really enjoying myself so far

The hands are outlines of my family

The jellyfish my son doodled

I have been using pics and stickers from happy mail too

11 Likes