Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

That’s kinda tempting.

I don’t do much for New Year usually and in these pandemic times, I might as well stay home all weekend and do this.

I signed up. Now I have to upgrade my wifi at home.

1 Like

I am busy New Years even but I see you can view the recordings for up to 22 days after so i am tempted.

1 Like

Go for it…lots of teachers we know already - DeeDee, Carolyn Dube, Tiffany Goff Smith and more. Some of the other teachers I’ve heard of but never taken a class with them.
And Kiala Givehand’s videos from 10 or so years back (on YouTube - 52 weeks of books or something like that) are how I began book making in the first place.

I recruited my childhood bestie to join and she did!
Who else can I invite?

2 Likes

I have too many art classes to watch already… I have too many art classes to watch already… it’s only $22….

1 Like

I think I will, I just need to figure out the timings

2 Likes

I went ahead and bought the class. I just won’t be able to do it New Year’s Eve as I have plans to play board games with a friend. I guess it would be rude to cancel so I can “art”. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m going to sign up, but am torn between the 22 or 44 option.

Has anyone seen a schedule yet?

no. on one page it says the schedule will be listed on Dec 20 or before and another page says Dec 22 or before. But I have not been able to locate any schedule. all I know it starts at 10 am Chicago time on Dec 31. and there is a list of artist and giveaways (have to be present) bit no times.

I did the $22 option but am wondering if I should have chosen the $44 one.

JANUARY PROMPTS

A little neon or fluorescent color
Sgraffito
Book text
Use something new to you - I know you bought a little something for yourself!
Something water- soluble

Have fun!

I learned about this term from binge watching The Great Pottery Throwdown!

1 Like

Shouldn’t these be listed in the 2022 craftalong

Didn’t know there was one set up. Will check it out.

1 Like

I learned about that (sgraffito) when studying for my Art 004 exam earlier this year.

1 Like

I had just set it up after smmarrt posted them. I just created the 2022 one now because I wasn’t sure I’d have time at the end of the week. people can keep posting here until Jan 1.

2 Likes

Same! :laughing:

We did this in elementary school, but it was with colored crayons in a crazy, messy scribble. Then coated in thick black crayon, and finally scratched off to see the rainbow below.

Had no idea there was a name!

2 Likes

Is anyone planning to do any of it live? I won’t be able to do the whole thing live but thinking to do at least the first few hours live.

I went with the $22 option because I know there’s very little chance I’m going to come back to the videos after the first couple weeks with all of the other classes I’ve got going and 2 more year long classes starting Jan 1.