Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I hope to watch in the morning and later in evening - anything is better than tv. And there’s all day Saturday to catch up. And like you, lots to do in January.

There’s also MLK day to catch up.

Also been checking email for schedule and supply list…

1 Like

I still haven’t seen a schedule but did find this link for a basic supply list. It has grown since I looked at it a couple hours ago so I think it’s being actively added too. Seems pretty standard though - mixed media paper, watercolor paper, book binding kit, posca pens, glue stick, ink pads, xacto knife & cutting mat, water colors, acrylic ink, double sided tape, and spray bottle.

Looks like the schedule is up (it’s hidden under the question section)

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thanks for that.

I don’t know any of those names, so I wonder what they are going to be doing. I might check their YouTube. If anyone knows them from Instagram, tell me what they do (I’m not on Instagram)

If you scroll down this link there’s a list of the teachers and their media of choice, etc

I know some of them from YouTube

Carolyn Dube - gel printing and lots of color
Shemii Dixon - mixed media stuff
Kristin Peterson - mixed media
Tiffany Goff Smith/SouthernGalDesigns - mixed media
Kiala Givehand - book making
Liz Constable - book making & natural dyeing

I’m happy that there are some new to me artists. I think this will be fun.

Not sure if I’ll actually use it for tomorrow but I just made myself a little book (I think technically my first ever completed book?) using the videos she provided in the registration email. I used 9x12 Canson mixed media paper torn in half for the pages and one of the Canson acrylic papers I painted for October Fodder School for the cover. It was really fun and surprisingly quick to make. I sense another obsession coming lol.

6 Likes

I am finishing mine tonight - I made the 2-signature book.

Kiala Givehand had a series of videos on YouTube about 8 or 10 years ago called something like 52 Weeks of Books. That’s how I learned to make books. Also SeaLemon on YT has easy bookmaking tutorials.

1 Like

Thanks for that @geekgirl and@photojenn
That book looks great, it’s definitely a gateway book. Book making is great and there’s nothing buffer than working in handmade journals. I use one all the times, everything from stuff I need to get out of my head, shopping lists, projects I’m working on, art journaling, it’s not breast and tidy like a bullet journal, it’s more a snapshot of my head. When I finish a book, I date it, do a table of contents for the start. I’m amassing a collection. These are all full, one is covered with fabric I’ve dyed and printed.

You could do amazing ones with your hand woven cloth for covers.

9 Likes

I love your covers, these are great!

1 Like

Anyone on the session (Artsy Meetup Marathon)? I joined a bit late so joined right as it was going into the first break. Looking forward to jumping in when they start back up.

1 Like

Yay! I’ve been on since it started this morning and Edel is on as well. It’s been really fun so far, very freeing to speed art.

This has been so much fun so far! Most of my pages are a hot mess but I’m having a blast.

Loving these little tree pieces, but now I “need” to buy some shimmery watercolors

7 Likes

My book for the marathon - about 6 x 6”

Intentions page - not finished

And the second lesson from Tiffany Goff Smiith

This so fun! I’ve been on since beginning but I need a shower and food!

(The cover on my book is Art by Marlene scrapbook paper. And it’s not sewn yet - using a hair tie for now.)

5 Likes

Oh yours are so good! Mine didn’t don’t come out, but I’m having fun. Here’s some work so far.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Lovely!

Full disclosure- I am skimming thru January Fodder school lessons on my phone while keeping the marathon on my iPad.

2 Likes

Waiting for the matte medium I used to seal it to dry

7 Likes

I love your prints with type! This is a fun one.

1 Like