Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I think the theme of my book will be intentions for me for 2022.

EDITED: I founds words in an old Nancy Drew book.

7 Likes

I’m loving what’s happening in the middle with the acrylic inks

7 Likes

This is gorgeous! I need to rewatch this one, I didn’t have what I felt was a good starting page and when I started trying to build one with collage it was to damp to work on top of.

1 Like

Here was my page from this morning with the blocking out. I didn’t have any masks nearby so I punched a few leaves out really quick. It was fun to cut words out of a random book page. I think this would be really fun with bright colors underneath.

8 Likes

I went to the YouTube of the gelli plate guy and this looks easy and amazing: Amazing gel plate printing technique! - YouTube

Ha, love that caption, @photojenn! That’s totally the kind of thing I would do :laughing: .

I’m not in the marathon class, but I did sneak in some year-end junk journaling:

But also,

6 Likes

I’ve really been enjoying the marathon, it’s the evening here, so I missed the gelli plate guy for dinner and I had to log off after the give away, so I can ring in the new year with my people. I’ve really enjoyed the speed of everything, switching up from one teacher to another.

If my insomnia kicks in in the night I’ll be back on, otherwise I’ll be on in the morning. I’m 6 hours ahead of the class times, so it’ll be the middle of the night.

@photojenn I love that puzzle page, and your little trees turned out well. I have the shimmery watercolours, but thb they didn’t make much of a difference.

@Cyn-energy I love those tags!

These are mine so far

The second session was my least favourite

I enjoyed the wee trees

And I loved the creative intentions session.

I am doing everything in my journal, so I tucked away the puzzle in this envelope stuck in.

I also got the book and composition one finished, not exciting to look at, but good discipline. I also tucked this into my journal.

And the last one is a hot mess, it really needs a focal point.

The whole process in interesting though, makes me realise the common themes and elements that I default to

6 Likes

Single line face. This one was fun, I want to make more of them and work on my coloring

6 Likes

Ooh that looks good, I love it. Who was that session with?. I have to check out that video.

2 Likes

Sarah Trumpp for the faces. We made little pockets in the Ali Manning session so I borrowed your idea and made one for my puzzle pieces.

1 Like

I love yours! I ended up going too far with markers for the hair for mine, so I wound up semi-burying it in the next collage lesson. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I love how your page turned out, it’s very bright and cheery.

1 Like

I was expecting to hang out and craft for a few hours and it’s already been 12 hours! Going to log off for the night and hopefully catch the morning sessions.

@Smmarrt thank you for posting about the artsy marathon, it’s been so much fun!

2 Likes

Always glad to have friends join the crazy train!

2 Likes

Y’all look like you had lots of fun yesterday. Kinda wish I could have joined in but I hope to do some of the videos tomorrow afternoon.

@edel and I on right now! We’re doing watercolor flower doodles now then I think short break and a few more lessons

I’m still board gaming lol.

1 Like

It’s a new year everyone!

Let’s move our conversations over to the new 2022 art journal thread

3 Likes

I got up at 4:45 so I could catch the last few hours of the marathon this morning. I’m loving the watercolor doodling. Here are a few pics from this morning’s lessons (posting here since it’s a continuation from last night).

And I couldn’t resist doing another face

I’m exactly half way though the journal I made and am planning to use the rest of it to do the other lessons once they’re posted and play around with some of the techniques.

8 Likes

Very nice. I really love those faces, I’m impatient to watch that video.
Thanks @Smmarrt for the heads up on the marathon, it was excellent and a great way to start the year.

Going to switch to the new thread now

4 Likes