Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

You have reason to be pleased with that, the lines were very good! I It makes me happy to have been a inspiration! Looking forward to see more :slight_smile:
I m experimenting a little tonight, with thick and thin lines, and varying the size of the rounding arches… extending and trying to make all my curves soo smooth. … gotta get myself a finer tipped marker to do the finishing smoothing.

2 Likes

Tonight’s spread in the back of my daily creative practice journal. I did a similar spread a few weeks ago. Doodling with watercolors is super relaxing

16 Likes

This is stunning!!

2 Likes

Keep forgetting to post the finished version of this…

10 Likes

I did another page based on the February prompts (minus chevrons)

Actually the page was mostly done and I just finished it up.

14 Likes

Who is up for some art journaling Sunday at 2pm Eastern time (March 6)

This one is watercolor based

Supplies

• Watercolors
  • Neocolor II Crayons - or some other type of water soluble crayon/pastel/etc
  • Derwent Inktense Pencils - or some other type of water soluble pencil
  • StazOn Inks - or some type of non-water soluble ink pad
  • Posca Markers - or other type of paint or gel pens/markers
  • White Acrylic Ink or paint

I’m in for Sunday!

• yes
  • no
0 voters
1 Like

Oooo…I’m going to vote yes, but I am a maybe. I’m trying to go skiing next Sun but the weather is iffy. I may also be home by 2 even if I do make it to the mountain. This vid looks fun!

2 Likes

Yesss!! I have followed along with this video before and really love the results!

I’m very behind on commenting on people’s art in this thread (life has been a bit over-stuffed), but I love looking at it all so much.

@geekgirl the depth of colour in that February page is fantastic, it makes the black and white details come alive

@megwell I love the layered purple and the pink marks peeking through - that page has a cool 80s vibe to me

@photojenn your watercolours just get better and better, the patterns are wonderful

@Cyn-energy that sharpie doodling technique looks awesome - I hope you’ll share what you do with it

3 Likes

I was working on my February prompts last night but it was late and I had to go to bed.
I will finish up the page this week and post some March ideas…

Also need to finish my master boards and inchies!

3 Likes

This is a piece I did a little while ago inspired by that video.

I really enjoyed it, lots of great ideas.

16 Likes

Love it. Will try to fit in the Zoom class on Sunday.

2 Likes

This is so lovely!

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks for the heads-up @photojenn and I’ve inktense blocks and other new supplies to try out.

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous. I love the colours

2 Likes

I’m traveling this weekend so won’t be able to join. That technique and your version @jemimah - so lush and wonderful. I just invested in a small palette of good watercolors - I think one that @photojenn recommended? Winsor & Newton - and will definitely give this a try as soon as I can!

2 Likes

I got that set as well and can vouch for the awesomeness!

I am excited to play with them again. Especially since the first time I didn’t realize I was supposed to pull out a small amount to mix my own palette. D’oh! Thanks for the tip in the zoom class @jemimah! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@jemimah is awesome at this one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My February page - pink, torn edges, chevrons, lettering, and a bit of a cheat for recycled - art from New Years Eve art marathon, one line face a la Sarah Trumpp.

7 Likes

MARCH PROMPTS

Grid or squares
Quote or phrase
Your favorite animal
Embellishment made from a master board
Something shiny
Postage stamp/s
Edited to add - Masking tape

Have fun!

6 Likes

Oooh I love it.