Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I’ll punch you in the arm, @kayrun! :rofl:

3 Likes

Linda, that’s not a nice thing to do :flushed: we are supposed to play nice here :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

lol it is a playground expression meaning to wake someone up in class when the teacher walks in…you only do it to people you like! lol

1 Like

Well then, make it hard enough she feels it :smiley:

1 Like

I’d probably use a spitball for people I REALLY liked…lol

images

3 Likes

Changing the subject (sorry) - a free week of workshops - watercolor, bullet journal stuff, lettering, foiling, one mail art offering, and more.

Also, ICAD 2022 is a 61-day project starting on June 1 and goes to July 31. The theory is to use index cards (ICAD - Index card a day) because they are inexpensive and it gives you a chance to practice or learn something each day. There won’t be a Facebook group this year or paid extras but you are encouraged to share on Instagram. There is a lot if information on Tammy/daisyyellow’s website. Last year, one artist made a crazy hat lady drawing each day, another person illustrated Hebrew words she was learning, and some folks just followed the themes (those will posted on Instagram by daisyyellow - oh wait, she’s gypsy999 on Insta. I may work on rolodex cards as I have two holders and 2 different sizes.

Anyway, just trying to keep you all busy! Cheers!

5 Likes

Thank you for the tag my lovely xx

I’m not big into “challenges” and/or everyday projects but ICAD has always looked interesting. The small format could be fun.

Same…I get enthusiastic and then I drop off…I am doing a weekly stitchalong and am 8 weeks behind…plus, Willa Workshops… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I have done it several times. I don’t always finish. For me, it’s important to try to go all 61 days. I’m thinking that I’ll work on Rolodex cards but choose a theme or prompt. And I have time this week to make 61 backgrounds…so maybe I’ll go for it.

2 Likes

LOL that is exactly what I need!

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots – I need to check my settings!

and @geekgirl – didn’t mean to give you more work! I’ll bookmark this thread & try to keep up!

also @Smmarrt , the ICAD sounds interesting! although I might have to do ICAW just to start with! Thanks for always posting such cool workshops & such :sunflower:

2 Likes

From last night’s Under the Influence class. We were inspired by the work of abbypainterart on Instagram. I really like her style and want to do more pieces like this

12 Likes

Every time I read “under the influence” I think you did it drunk :smiley:

3 Likes

Haha that’s what I always think of too :joy: It’s the name of the class series that Andrea teaches - Under the Influence. It’s fun because we look at the art of that week’s artist, identify key pieces of their style, then incorporate it into an art journal page. Sometimes the artist we are inspired by is even able to join the call and talk a bit or even stick around while we create.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a tag. I don’t join many and don’t check this thread as much, but when I can join, it’s fun!

1 Like

Set your notification to tracking and you’ll see when there are new posts here.

I do, I just let them pile up before reading them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be better to set it to watching…you don’t get notifications for tracking unless your name is mentioned or someone replies to one of your replies.

June Prompts!

A little something different - tic-tac-toe journal page. Pick one row, column, or diagonal and make a journal page from those 3 elements.

12 Likes