Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Finally finished my April prompt pages. I’m still working in the altered Nancy Drew book, and working on pages out of order.

Prompts were geometric shapes, a face, white space, splatters, the color green.

Now to get started on May! Vacation starts at 4:45 pm today!!!

10 Likes

Man, I love this!! Is it a coincidence that these were my prompts and I looove the pages both you and @geekgirl did with them? :thinking: :green_heart:

1 Like

Today’s page. It’s Dina Wakley Media gloss sprays scraped to make a background, with a bird stencil on top with white acrylic paint, then coloured with inktense pencils. The top wording is a Uni Pin pen, and the bottom is a Pilot parallel pen.

8 Likes

I’m gonna have to find that book. I think it works be a fun mini-lesson for kids, and for me!

2 Likes

Amazon of course, one book was $9 and the other was 15? But maybe you’ll get some end-of-the-year gift cards and then they’ll be free!

Probably not this year since I’m only the building sub, but maybe next year I will. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love everything about this page!

1 Like

Another page done over a couple of days. Gloss spray background, face and the quote done with my parallel pen. White acrylic layer, then asemic writing in inktense pencils and a fude ball pen, then a bit of stencilling with a permanent ink pad and flicking some more gloss spray about. I like how calm it feels.
The quote is from Wide Blue Yonder by The Amazing Devil.

6 Likes

@geekgirl I’d like to be added to the notification list if y’all do another Sunday afternoon art journaling session, please?
sounds like fun, and would get me moving on blocking off time to devote to actually crafting rather than just wishing I would get around to it!

1 Like

I don’t usually notify people. I post a poll and whoever responds to the poll I send the zoom link. My memory is not good enough to keep up! :laughing: Occ. if it’s been a while since I hosted an art journal zoom I will do a quick scroll and tag whoever I see posting. But I still end up forgetting people

I can try adding peoples names to the first post of this craftalong if they want a reminder and try to remember to tag those people when I post a poll. I’ll just @ the person and then if they sign up yes for the poll they will be on my list to get the zoom link.

If I make it any more complicated than that I will never be able to keep up!

So I will add @kayrun and @edel to the list to get tagged. who else wants to be tagged whenever there is an art zoom?

4 Likes

I don’t need to be tagged but I thought it might be helpful to others to see how I have the forums setup (which helps me not miss when an art journal zoom is created)

I set the threads I want to keep tabs on to tracking

And set my default home page to Unread (which shows the threads I’m tracking)

Of course this only works if you’re coming to LettuceCraft (you might be able to set it to email you? but that would probably get too noisy).

3 Likes

I’ll punch you in the arm, @kayrun! :rofl:

3 Likes

Linda, that’s not a nice thing to do :flushed: we are supposed to play nice here :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

lol it is a playground expression meaning to wake someone up in class when the teacher walks in…you only do it to people you like! lol

1 Like

Well then, make it hard enough she feels it :smiley:

1 Like

I’d probably use a spitball for people I REALLY liked…lol

images

3 Likes

Changing the subject (sorry) - a free week of workshops - watercolor, bullet journal stuff, lettering, foiling, one mail art offering, and more.

Also, ICAD 2022 is a 61-day project starting on June 1 and goes to July 31. The theory is to use index cards (ICAD - Index card a day) because they are inexpensive and it gives you a chance to practice or learn something each day. There won’t be a Facebook group this year or paid extras but you are encouraged to share on Instagram. There is a lot if information on Tammy/daisyyellow’s website. Last year, one artist made a crazy hat lady drawing each day, another person illustrated Hebrew words she was learning, and some folks just followed the themes (those will posted on Instagram by daisyyellow - oh wait, she’s gypsy999 on Insta. I may work on rolodex cards as I have two holders and 2 different sizes.

Anyway, just trying to keep you all busy! Cheers!

5 Likes

Thank you for the tag my lovely xx

I’m not big into “challenges” and/or everyday projects but ICAD has always looked interesting. The small format could be fun.

Same…I get enthusiastic and then I drop off…I am doing a weekly stitchalong and am 8 weeks behind…plus, Willa Workshops… :face_with_diagonal_mouth: