Make a Pouch + Fill It Gallery - May 2022

Loving all of these pouches! Everything is so cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I received an adorable pouch from HolographicDreams and love it so much! I have a mild obsession with batik fabrics, so this is perfect for me.

Loot shoot! HolographicDreams said that the buttons in the little bag are part of a family button collection, so that is extra special. :heart:

Thank you so much for swapping with me! I hope you enjoy your pouchy goodies too!

12 Likes

Meeee tooooo, love batik. That’s gorgeous. Are the buttons shell? Also love. Those mints are so funny.

I love the pouch and the Batik! (Put me in the Batik fan club. I really want to put batiking back into my craft repertoire!) But is that a golden girls item in there. I love those ladies. They were so savage! Great swap!!!

2 Likes

Oh scrumptious batik!

1 Like

What’s ICAD @geekgirl ? :hugs:

1 Like

@Smmarrt explains it here. Basically 2 months of doing daily art on index cards (Index Card A Day) either following their daily or weekly prompts or doing your own thing.

2 Likes

What a great idea! And a very manageable size too. I’ll definitely check it out, thanks for sharing :hugs:

1 Like

So happy you liked it @SonjaBoo! I saw the pattern I “used” for yours, liked it, then realized the pattern was horrible and cobbled a new pattern together on the fly. You should have heard my sigh when @Bunny1kenobi’s pouches turned up on the thread a few days later! :grin:

1 Like

There are actually two! @SonjaBoo requested anything Golden Girls so I included a tin of mints (supposedly cheesecake shaped, of course!) and then last minute did a doodly ATC of “Picture it, Sicily, 1922…” It’s watercolour but not really showing in this pic.

2 Likes

I love that bag…I am also glad @Bunny1kenobi shared it a few years ago…it has become one of my favorites…and in batik, it is so lovely! Well done!

1 Like

So many gorgeous pouches! I received from @Magpie two days ago and am FINALLY posting now. I’m up to my neck in final exams and my son’s upcoming graduation.
Magpie and I agreed on extras, including items for our daughters because if you are going to ship internationally you might as well make it worth it!

I asked for a pouch for pads in tampons for my classroom. That way girls can discreetly borrow it. Look at this beauty! Not only did she include a positive affirmation, she also filled it!

She couldn’t decide on a pattern, so she tried several and sent the extras. Look at that fantastic science fabric!

She also included this adorable mushroom magnet and this loop of handmade beads. They are amazing!! I love everything about them!! I have been trying to figure out how to make these beads. I can figure it out now that I have my own.

Here are the treasures she sent to my little Lucy. She SQUEALED with delight as she pulled out each item. Magpie, you made her whole day.

Thank you so much for swapping with me. I love everything!!!

12 Likes

Yay! So much awesomeness for me hearing you and Lucy were happy with things I made for you. Please tell her I included the wooden hoop as it will be easier to work in than that tiny display one that came with the cross stitch kit. Hopefully the aida fits, I visually measured and think it should be ok.
@Edel posted a pouch like that one along with the free pattern link. It stands up and the top sort of pulls down exposing the pencils inside for easy access.

1 Like

Who wouldn’t squee if they got @Magpie 's mushroom cuties!

And, that slide down pouch is very clever! Love that fabrics!

I think the pouch to hold personal products is a great design! Do all schools have such a program of letting young women discreetly get products if they forget or don’t have access?

1 Like

Yes!! Im super exciting for the slide pouch. I’m going to use it for all my sharpies since they are currently in a toddler shoe box.

2 Likes

I received from @Sonjaboo today! And, man, did I get spoiled!
I’m highkey obsessed with all things space so she made me this gorgeous pouch…

then was concerned it was too big so made another…

and filled them both with goodies

Closeup of the necklace because it’s just too beautiful not to

15 Likes

No such thing as a too big pouch! I love space stuff, too…wow…both are wonderful.

The space pendant is beautiful…what is the background made of?

2 Likes

Wow! Such great pouches everyone is sending!!

2 Likes

I got an amazing pouch from @jillybeans and I’m so amazed by the thoughtfulness she put into it. I love it! She read my list and favorites and really put some thought into it. Thank you Jill!
Here’s some photos!

It’s a leather drawstring pouch that opens wide with a grey base. Check out the close up of the fabric. It’s so pretty with the branches and little mushrooms. I LOVE it!

Let’s open it up and see the goodies!
Handmade resin keys that glow in the dark, candies, shells, teeney tiny bottles (some can be pendants) honey sticks (my kid already snagged a couple before I got these photos), a variety of Teas, stickers, lip balm and pieces of chaos like an old spool of red thread, a key, and even a little monster friend!

This swap has been so much fun! Thanks!!!

16 Likes

I love the celestial theme and the fabrics. I am especially in love with the necklace! Great pouch!

1 Like

My goodness you have been spoiled with pouches! And I love the mushrooms :mushroom:! I’m a huge fan of them too. Soooo cute (mushroom theme swap anyone?)

1 Like