Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I think it’s going to be around $200 but I don’t recall the exact price.

Yes about $200. But I think there will be an early bird price for a week or two in July.

1 Like

Hm…thanks guys. Cost was the main prohibitor for me for Fodder School. Maybe when my girls are out of daycare I can justify spending that much! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I stepped back from Watch.Learn.Play. because I was feeling overwhelmed with all the choices. I have also been in Wanderlust for years, but I tend to look for the teachers I know, watch their lessons, and I will work on a bunch of things at the same time. I may finally give up Wanderlust (for Fodder School) but I always manage to find one or two lessons that strike a chord.

I wish The BookMaker Collective would come back a second time around - I only took 2 of the classes but they were fantastic also.

One of the things I’m really liking about Wanderlust is how they organized it this year (my first year but I don’t think past ones were the same). There is a “star supply” and some in depth lessons at the beginning about the supply (I know so much about gesso and gel mediums now!) then 7 weeks of lessons highlighting that supply. I feel like it’s helping fill in a lot of knowledge gaps I had.

2 Likes

Had fun playing in my journals today.

This page is a gel print from Dina Wakley 's Ditch the Brayer FB class, and some collage, on a background of washi tapes knocked back with white acrylic. (Or maybe gesso)

This one is an acrylic paint background with a print of a vintage photo I found in an antique shop, and a bit of collage and marks with gloss spray. The circles are printed hole reinforcers, and the quote is from Tim Holtz.

This one is a cutout inspired by Art Journal Love on YT, and a second page for Marsha P Johnson, for Pride.

10 Likes

These are all great, but I particularly love the first one, how did you do the flowers?

2 Likes

Thank you. They were on a Gelli plate, white acrylic through a stencil, then the flowers were just brushed on in layers of more acrylic, then all printed at once. It is Pebeo setacolour fabric paint, so is quite heavy body paint

1 Like

I enrolled in the class but could only watch the first hour. Now I’m inspired to finish it!
Lovely pages!

2 Likes

I’m sure you all have loads of online class inspiration ~ but I came across a free week of classes and wanted to share here

5 Likes

great pages @LittleCogs

anyone up for art journaling this Sunday June 26 at 2pm Eastern time?
(7pm London time, 11am Pacific time)
Like many others I’ve been in a bit of a funk and over committed with life in general and could use some fun art journaling time.

This looks simple and uses a limited amount of supplies

Suggested Supplies:

• papers
  • adhesive: glue stick, collage pauge, gel medium, etc
  • Stabilo Woodys or any other water-soluble crayon (Neocolor II, Gelatos, Distress Crayons, could even use watercolor pencils or even paints)
  • Gesso
  • a rubber stamp to make a focal point or any other image (cut out, handmade wonky bit, etc)
  • ink pad for stamp
  • sentiment
  • Count me in
0 voters

Tagging as requested:
@kayrun
@Edel
@Lynx

3 Likes

Bummer! I will be away this weekend for my cousin’s daughter’s HS graduation. Nice page, though. Looks fun!

1 Like

Yes! I really want to buy some of the Stabilio Woodies and would if I had at least one taste on how to use them! I could use my gelatoes or crayons for this one.

I understand the Woodies can be sharpened…the gelatoes and crayons can’t be.

2 Likes

You can use the woodies and Neocolor II crayons interchangeably. The woodies are nice because you get a thicker line. I usually find myself reaching for the Neocolor II (I have both) because I like the colors better.

3 Likes

We are taking a mini holiday and leaving our island for the first time in 1.5 years this weekend so I’m not available.

4 Likes

I’m also away this weekend and landing back in SF about that time. I may try to do it independently to wind down from a crazy week and weekend.

3 Likes

I’ll be preparing for a trip next week too, but thanks for the invite!

1 Like

I’ll join in! It’s been frenetic here with work and cleaning the house to sell and prepping for open homes etc. - I really could use a little island of art joy with you guys :smile:

6 Likes

I would have joined but my daughter and I are in Genoa, Italy, having a break.x

9 Likes