Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Let’s see if I can upload a pic from my phone:
I never did find the paint I wanted to use, but maybe later

8 Likes

Nice work @kayrun! I love all the variety and texture in your collage choices, and the contrasting blue and yellow make it really lively. It’ll be great to see what you can do next with adding some paint too :smile:

I love the background collage! I think you have plenty of color and interest just from the collage!

I am working on my collage skills…I tend to be too neat and “balanced”…I want to loosen up!

I completely forgot about the June prompts.
I did the bottom line although the stamping kind of disappeared under the stenciling
/ There are also red acrylic ink drips. This is in a kids book and you can see some of the text in the background.

9 Likes

you can look up Tim Holtz chat stickers

Wow! Very striking!!

that “saying” is hysterical! pretty colors

and thanks for the search terms for the stickers!

Ugh, I started my June page but it isn’t finished. I will work on it this weekend.

For JULY -

3 shades of the same color
birds
numbers
photo
stitching

2 Likes

I am almost caught up in Fodder School…but I am also doing the Taster’s Week as well…it ends Monday…I might sign up for those lessons as I am in total awe of two of the artists!

3 Likes

Oh no! I think that means I missed the taster week… bummer! Was that the free one?

Yes–but she extended it one more week!

2 Likes

Oh thanks!! I’ll have to find the link and give it a go this week (I’m on school holidays)
You sound really inspired, so I’m excited!

Free Kaleidoscope Lessons!

My favorite is Jenny Grant, the last one. It is more my style.

2 Likes

I made a little foldout piece using a lesson from artist Panela Vasseler.

20220703_213348

The lesson was mainly about texture and using a palette knife and brayer.

7 Likes

Her lesson was my favorite too, I think I’m going to try that one.

My favorite was Jenny Grant…the last one. I am going to sign up for a year long course with instructors that are more her style. I did sign up for some sort of free weekend July 9 & 10…

Which one is the year long similar to Jenny Grant?

Free Weekend

When you register, there is information on the year long classes…right around the same price as Fodder and most other ones I have viewed…

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, I had signed up for the free weekend previously but forgot about it. I need to create myself an art calendar so I don’t lose track of everything I’m signed up for.

2 Likes

I know what you mean…I did finally post notes on my computer screen to help me remember…plus, I am only going to do one year long thing…Fodder School kicked my butt.