Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Google calendar to the rescue, although I feel like there’s something I’m forgetting to add.

3 Likes

Wow! I need to do this also.
Also planning to join the free weekend this weekend but I have to come into work on Saturday morning for water testing but I think that’ll only be an hour or so.

Note to self: Need to buy snacks for the weekend

1 Like

And we’ll have access beginning Friday afternoon since Australia time is before the USA

4 Likes

Ahh, thanks for the reminder I still needed to sign up for this!

2 Likes

Looks like it’s open now!

3 Likes

I’ve started watching a class that I think is manageable with the supplies I have :hugs:

So Charming with Toni Burt

3 Likes

Between Fodder School, the Fodder Challenge and this weekend - my crafty brain is excited and a bit overloaded…

3 Likes

So many great lessons! I want to make all of the things but instead I keep watching more videos. Maybe tomorrow :joy:

2 Likes

First lesson complete (almost)… will need to go back and add some more shading once it’s dry.

So Charming by Toni Burke

My reference image was from a trip to Italy in 2017. This image was taken in Orvieto, one of my most favourite places in the world :heart_eyes: (after spending only an afternoon there :stuck_out_tongue: )

ETA: not yet dry, but this will be my final picture

I don’t know how I feel about it :grimacing: but at least it was having a go at something :woman_shrugging:t2:

15 Likes

I love it!!!

1 Like

I love it too! Maybe some white outlining in the darkest areas to make the stones etc pop?
I’d copy that for card fronts, it’s fantastic.

Nice job! I agree that maybe a few hints of cobblestone with a few lines would be a nice touch…but, you certainly captured the feeling very well with what you have done already!

I am going to get a couple of them done this weekend, but I am signing up for the year course as well since I love all the artists in this group.

1 Like

Quick page I made the other day.

When I officially became full-time remote I went to clean out my office cube and found this 2020-2021 planner I had bought at the beginning of 2020. Decided to make it into an art journal. The pages are kind of flimsy so I’m going to need to glue several pages together.

15 Likes

That would take me days, you are so talented!

2 Likes

I really like the way your color is concentrated in the middle of the page!

Another quick page. I liked it better before I added the circles. I was on a zoom call and just zoned out and didn’t pay attention to what I was doing and started randomly drawing.

Inspired loosely by this
Imgur

12 Likes

You could put a white semi transparent wash over the circles and rework things. I do like it.

1 Like

I am practicing painting faces, using Dina Wakley tutorials, and so I painted a yellow face with shadows and highlights a week ago.
Came back to it today with this quote from The Starless Sea in my head, and I love its weirdness.

9 Likes

Finally finished my June pages

Using the bottom row of prompts, stamping, red, any kind of ink. On to July!

13 Likes

Did you use denim as your background? It is a nice contrast to the lemon yellow color of your face!

1 Like