Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Love it! Your writing is so neat.

1 Like

It’s a Tim Holtz stamp set - not me!

Yes, it’s Dina Wakley’s Blue journal, it has pages which are denim, cotton watercolour paper, and white burlap. I am enjoying the range of surfaces.

4 Likes

Page from today

10 Likes

Thanks for the info! What another way to be challenged creatively! To have different surfaces to work on…lovely work!

1 Like

I did another page inspired by the June prompts. Ripped paper, circles & purple.

12 Likes

Ooo, I like this!

Thanks - I’m finishing up the third set of prompts. Go big or go home, amiright?

2 Likes

This is so interesting! I had no idea that such a journal existed!

Anyone available to art journal this Sunday?
2pm Eastern Time

Supply List

• background papers cut in strips (this could be under papers gelli prints, random decorated painted papers, scrapbook paper, etc. she uses painted deli papers. I wouldn’t use thick paper)
  • adhesive such as gel medium, collage pauge, glue, etc
  • acrylic paints
  • stamps
  • stencil
  • neocolors or other water soluble medium such as watercolor crayons, pastels, etc.
  • ink stamp pad
  • decorative papers cut in circles for flowers - she uses punched circles and scalloped circles. I plan on cutting irregular circles out for the flower centers and instead of a black scalloped background punch I will go around the circles with a black paint pen.
  • gelatos (not necessary. you could use neocolors or paint for this part)
  • black ink or acrylic paint
  • Count me in
0 voters
2 Likes

Yes!!!

2 Likes

What she said ^

(Anyone else remember TWSS from the old site?)

1 Like

I completely forgot about July’s prompts. So here’s the journal page I did yesterday. I just didn’t do the stitching.

11 Likes

I haven’t finished my page/s for July yet because I got totally sidetracked by June’s prompts.

Also, does anyone want to make a list of prompts for August?

And BTW, Im happy that I proposed the prompts. I like thinking about the supplies I have and how I can use them for these pages. I hope this is the same experience for the rest of you.

I can make another tic-tac-toe prompt. I find those fun. Maybe I’ll write prompts on slips of paper and randomly draw to fill out the grid so it will be a surprise to me too

2 Likes

Go for it!

I came across this free abstract art class. It’s about an hour - hour and a half

And made this. My colors got a little muddy in the middle but I enjoyed the technique.

And she gives you a useful recipe to make your own fluid acrylics.

10 Likes

Wow, I LOVE that. rushes off to sign up

1 Like

Wow…it is fabulous!

I signed up for a color study course and the Handmade Book Club all year course…what’s one more…lol

2 Likes

That sounds interesting, which class is it?