Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Art Summit.

I got her free lesson on the six colors you need and then went down the rabbit hole. I haven’t even looked at Fodder School 2 or Art is Magic!

1 Like

Love it!!!

Ah cool, that looks like a good one! I’m at, or realistically well past, capacity for art classes so will be looking forward to seeing your projects.

1 Like

I am mostly picking and choosing the styles of artists I like…I wasn’t really into the Creative Weekend artists except for one, so I joined Art is Magic because of her. Fodder School is good for inspiration and learning, even if I am not into all of the projects. I have had to give myself permission NOT to have to do them all, just the ones I like.

To be honest, I have learned a lot on our ZOOMs…my YOUTUBE save list is miles long! lol

1 Like

Okay, she talks A LOT.

1 Like

I did have to fast forward through some of it

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not going to make the zoom today, I’m bummed about it, but something has come up. X

2 Likes

This was a fun page!

12 Likes

yes, it was great seeing everyone!
I’ll have to edit to post my pic.
Thanks so much, @geekgirl for hosting & making this accessible to beginners like me!

2 Likes

+100! These art journal zooms and encouragement from Carlee, and everyone else, are the entire reason I got into mixed media and “art” in general!

3 Likes

I just love how you continue to bring such a fresh and modern aesthetic to your pieces! The bold block design in the background is great and the color mix is very striking! WOW…

2 Likes

Beautiful! So bold and bright. And excellent contrast with the black circles and stems!

Here is my page from today:

So much color! :laughing:

12 Likes

I love today’s pages, @photojenn the design feels very modern @Abbeeroad I love the colours

3 Likes

I am DEFINITELY buying one of those tiny dot stencils! and your positive phrase is perfect for this piece!
Honestly, I think I like all of our group’s renditions better than the original!
:heart:

2 Likes

This was a fun one.

I meaNt to take progress pics throughout but only took one after the first layer and then forgot.

12 Likes

@photojenn love how your flowers are off center! The white dots are perfect.

@Abbeeroad love your colors and how you arranged your black dots around your flowers.

1 Like

Love your colors! The black and white flowers were such a good call.

1 Like

Here is mine. I really liked the background process on this one. I did two more pages and will use them like a masterboard. I will probably darken the background a bit more…my ink pad was running out of ink.

10 Likes

August prompts = another tic-tac-toe

6 Likes

Those colours are wonderful.

I thought about joining yesterday but didn’t have the energy. Hubby and I are both trying to recover still, slow process.

2 Likes