Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

@Abbeeroad I love your quote! And I really like the stems and leaves you did.

@geekgirl :heart_eyes: Those colors! I think the black and white were a good call for the flowers. And I really like your stenciling in the background, it added a lot of depth to the piece.

@AIMR I love the softness and dreaminess of your colors, you’ve got some really great blending in your background. And the white splatters really tied it all together.

Nice colours on yours too!

1 Like

One more from June prompts - numbers, security envelopes, and modeling paste.

Okay, now on to July and August!

12 Likes

Those little creatures are so cute!

I added a bit more black and white to my piece. Not sure there is that much of a difference, but I like it better.

10 Likes

Yes! I like the added white lines. That’s my go-to! :laughing:

1 Like

I agree…and splatters! lol

1 Like

Kate Crane/Carabelle Studios stamps…I don’t do may cutesy things, but I like her quirky stamps.

1 Like

sorry to hear you’ve been sick – here’s wishing you more energy, esp for crafting!

@AIMR , I can definitely tell a difference & I like what you’ve added!
@Smmarrt , very cute! That is going into my inspiration document (where I store ideas for the future)

1 Like

My august prompt - blue, gel pen, bubble wrap stamping

14 Likes

Ooh, that’s gorgeous.

1 Like

Finally, July prompts but I forgot to add stitching. Next time….

Three shades of same color, numbers, birds, and photo.

11 Likes

I call this ocean storm :laughing:

This was a lesson from Alisa Burke’s nature journal class.

I watched a handful of lessons and jumped straight to this lesson as it really appealed to me

13 Likes

Oooo!

1 Like

I think she must have done this in another class as I vaguely remember doing something like this before. It was fun and messy.

1 Like

I did another page for the August prompts.

Scribble writing (although most of thst got covered up)
Doodles
Diamonds

13 Likes

You find the best quotes!
This is another pretty piece :heart:

So my wheel of craft interest has turned back around to art journaling, and I may or may not have read this entire thread and done a couple of the videos in the last few days…

And one that wasn’t from a prompt:

If nothing else, now I know about watercolor crayons - they might be my new favorite art supply.

10 Likes

Welcome to the dark side! Where we enable each other to buy more art supplies! :rofl:

I recognize the videos for the first 2. the first pic - love the colors! looks great.
pic 2 - so much texture going on.
And the neutral colors in the 3rd.

I like your date stamp. I’m pretty sure I have one somewhere. I should use it.

2 Likes

I know this is a holiday weekend in the US but is anyone interested in art journaling?
I could do Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday afternoon.