Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Any of the options would work for me. I’d prefer Saturday or Sunday.

1 Like

Awesome @fishstix43 - welcome back! :laughing:

I will be away this weekend, but have fun!

We all know you did :joy:

It’s a holiday weekend in Canada too. Sunday afternoon/evening is probably best for me.

I could do either Saturday or Sunday, too!

wow @fishstix43 I just love the colors you got on the first one, which I recognized…so bright and happy…and I love your last journal page as well…glad you are posting your art here!

We’ll plan for our normal Sunday at 2pm Eastern time. I’ll find a video and post the sign up poll later.

3 Likes

Who is in for some art journaling Sunday Sept 4 at 2 pm Eastern time?

Supplies:
acrylic paint
stamps/ink pad
embossing powders - I don’t have any and will skip that step
stencils
pencil
gesso
gelatos, neocolors, pastels, watercolor crayons, pencils etc to color in flowers. could also use paint
black marker
sentiment and adhesive of choice

• I’ll be there with bells on
0 voters

@kayrun
@Edel
@Lynx

2 Likes

I have a super busy weekend, so I’ll be skipping this one. Have fun!

What are those “dobbers” that you people use?? They look like maybe foam things on sticks that pick up a wide flat bit of paint and dob over the stencils. About 3:30 minutes in, in that latest video.

Anyway, do they have a proper name?

There are a few different brands but Ranger sells one they call a “mini blending tool” that you can get the domed foams for. Personally I just use a makeup sponge unless I’m trying to stencil with ink.

1 Like

I also mostly use those cheap triangular makeup sponges.

I have some of those blending tools with the flat foam circles. I tend to forget I have them.

1 Like

Thank you both @photojenn @geekgirl

Maybe I need to buy make up sponges then!! That would work as a good dobber!

I also have no idea where I got the word ‘dobber’ from but glad you understood

Well they make paint daubers. I figured dobber was the UK version :joy:

1 Like

Saw this on Facebook - if you go to the Faber-Castell site, search the “Try It Box” and you can get it for $1 with the code TRYIT.

I’m going to TRY IT now…

Okay they are charging $9.99 for shipping so I’ll think about it.

3 Likes

I hope to be there, it’s been too long since I’ve been able to participate in one of these

1 Like

they have all kinds of tutorials!
https://www.faber-castell.com/inspiration/all-tutorials

1 Like

I’ll join in if I wake up in time!! I’ll be in pyjamas because it will be early here. Also, my supplies will be what ever I have with me, as we are still in a motel. But we just went to an art shop and they are moving, so they had 60% off!! so I have a couple of new supplies :grin:

I’ve missed you guys!!

5 Likes

I, obviously, couldn’t help myself. Not a bad sampler for $11

6 Likes

@geekgirl can I just say how much I appreciate all the links and info that you’ve collected in the first post on this thread? It is such a great resource to go to - thank you!

3 Likes

I searched the Canadian site but they don’t have a Try It box. I tried ordering on the US site but they won’t ship to Canada.