Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I’m going to miss this one. :frowning: Hope Ian lets you guys hang!

I’ll join if I’m awake. I hope any of you near hurricanes are staying safe and dry!!

1 Like

I’ll be there as long as we are not under a tornado warning. It will be a nice distraction from the rain and bad weather!

2 Likes

@kayrun
@Edel
@Lynx
see above for next art journal zoom

1 Like

Ooh, that’s pretty.

should we postpone the art journal zoom? Maybe try again in a couple of weeks?

Are you doing ok? We are fine here on the coast…a beautiful weekend. How many are signed up? I could do next weekend as well and use tomorrow to clean up the trash and debris in our yard and driveway…I just don’t have the energy to do it today. I can go either way…

I’d love to but I foolishly mentioned I might be able to finish some fabric gift bags for a charity bazaar & then Rob told the coodinator so now I’m committed. I’d watch along with you all but not sure that’s really the intention. Plus, my sewing machine whirring along could get distracting, lol.

1 Like

Yeah we are fine here. the wind got a bit scary at times but it wasn’t too bad. all the rain drove in the freaking waterbugs / roaches. UGH. At least Spot kills them.

There is some minor damage in my complex but I live in a townhome so it’s up to the HOA company to fix them. Like one of my downspouts tore off, the street signs coming into the complex are down, etc.

Only @jemimah signed up so lets just reschedule. I can’t do next weekend but maybe the weekend after. I have plenty of other stuff I can get done and Jemimah can sleep in! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good to hear! We are having our gutters replaced by the landlord…he has been sitting on this for a few weeks, but now, as rain soaks in along the foundation, maybe he will do it! And yeah…the waterbugs are being caught by my cats. We had to capture a little skink that got in as well.

OK…I have a few things to get done as well tomorrow…

3 Likes

Wow, you are all living the life. Glad to hear the storm damage was minimal. My uncle in South Carolina had car damage by a falling tree but I don’t know how bad. Florida cousins are all okay. Take care all!

2 Likes

Glad to hear you guys are doing OK!

Thanks for the sleep in - I think I needed it, as I’ve been out of action with covid for the last several days. I’ll look forward to an art session when we reschedule :smile:

6 Likes

Feel better!

1 Like

Oh no! I hope you’re better quickly. Sending you light & love & virtual hot soup!

I just saw this good art journal prep video, interesting techique of tearing out & pasting together pages. I could see myself watching her other videos, she’s a great teacher.

4 Likes

I really like her videos. I stumbled across her videos a few weeks ago. She’s very soothing and does a great job walking you through her process.

I do the tear out half the pages and glue 2 pages together. I’ve never done 3. I will try that with my next one. I usually use collage pauge or matte medium. me and glue sticks never work out.

2 Likes

Thank you friends :grinning: I’m doing fine, getting back to work, and just a bit tired.

Thanks for sharing the video, I’m enjoying looking at her stuff.

5 Likes

I like ShanoukiArt too - yes, her voice and manner are very soothing to watch and listen to.

Glad to hear you’re on the mend @jemimah. Perfect excuse to watch videos and think up new stuff!

1 Like

Is the zoom this weekend or next weekend?

Next weekend!

2 Likes

Ok let’s art journal this Sunday, we will do the video that was planned a couple of weeks ago

October 16 at 2pm Eastern time (11am West Coast, 7pm london, 5am Melbourne Oct 17)

Since it’s Fall in the Northern Hemisphere, lets do Fall Leaves

• Yes, I will be there
0 voters

Supplies Needed:

• acrylic paint in fall and neutral colors - probably could use any kind of medium
  • Stamp for background texture. she uses a script stamp. you could use bubble wrap, bottle caps, etc.
  • Black Stamping Ink - if you are using something like bubble wrap or bottle caps, you could use black acrylic paint
  • Stencil - can also cut your own
  • Stabilo All Pencil - could use a pen or graphite pencil. ideally something that will smudge
  • Aqua Brush or paintbrush with water
  • black pen
  • White paint or gel pen

She free-handed her leaves. I will probably refer to some clip art. Maybe even print and trace.

Sample leaf clip art:
sample 1
sample 2
sample 3

@kayrun
@Edel
@Lynx

4 Likes