Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I came across this video. I like how he uses random objects around the house.

I made 2 pages inspired by his video.

12 Likes

Having fun - like @geekgirl - painting my mini composition books. I’m making 3 and I’m thinking that I’ll give one to my mom to doodle in.

12 Likes

I inquired about mine and received a reply from Jacob that he was cancelling my order and issued a refund. Said the shipping to Canada was too much. Very disappointed and sure wish he’d told me when I first ordered, not a month later when I asked about it.

I love these pages very much @geekgirl – really great use of color, texture, and composition. They’re lovely!

2 Likes

Oh that’s terrible! I guess he hadn’t thought out international shipping. Which seems odd.

1 Like

Here’s a simple art journal video I’ve had saved for a while. Who wants to join me Sunday September 26 at 2pm Eastern time (11 am pacific and 7 pm London time)

You’ll need:

• paper
  • acrylic paint
  • a brayer or old credit card or something to scrap paint with. You can also use paint brushes or sponges
  • old book pages
  • circle stamps, or circle stencils, or various sizes bottle caps
  • pigment powders such as Magicals or Cosmic Shimmer Shakers - I don’t have either. You can use water colors, grate up some water color crayon or pencil, etc.
  • background stamp. If you don’t have stamps you can use things like bubble wrap or corrugated cardboard
  • black ink
  • distress crayon, gelato, watercolor crayon, etc.
  • white gel pen or paint pen
  • glue/mod podge/ gel medium
  • spray bottle of water
  • heat tool or hair dryer
  • Sign me up
  • Can’t make it
0 voters
6 Likes

Me! I’m really looking forward that!

And, your pages are fabulous, the layering is brilliant.

I get so inspired looking at everything that everyone posts on this thread :heart:

3 Likes

I am doing the fabric bead class on Saturday but I need an art zoom as well…it has been a while since I broke out the art supplies! Yes, I want to watch the video and make some art!

2 Likes

Oh I’m a maybe. I’m going to a craft fair that day, but might be home in time…:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I love the depth of these pages and the way you’ve been able to layer the neutrals and make really striking pages.

1 Like

These will be fun to highlight whatever you add to the framed sections!

I’m excited for Sunday, yay!

I’ve been playing along with the Alisa Burke Journal Petite class and I feel like it’s opening my eyes to so many great techniques. Highly recommend! Here are some of the spreads I’ve done so far.

13 Likes

I’ll have to watch and play on my own :kissing_heart: Family lunch followed by a craft day with an actual human being! :laughing: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Those are fun! I really like the soap bubble look on your last page! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

These are great! I’m still painting pages. But I am ready to play!

1 Like

So cool! I love the landscape layout of your journal. I am never happy with my lettering (today’s was blah) but yours is great!!

1 Like

Those look great! I’m behind on that class but I’ll catch up eventually.

1 Like

Well poo, I missed today’s Zoom! But it was for decent reasons. Sorry to miss it, just the same!

Here are my pages from today’s zoom.

And here are the stickers I made before hand with some watercolors and text stamps

13 Likes

The two different backgrounds create totally different moods! I need to find those large circle stickers…I have only been able to find small mailing ones!