ATC Photo Dump 3 PHOTO HEAVY

I’m still rather new to Artist Trading Cards / ATCs (Just started trading them in January, I think), but I am now a bit obsessed with them!

Just doing a photo dump of all the ones I’ve made since my last ATC photo dump. (Edited to remove ones I’d apparently already posted!)

These two used paint samples.

Couple of Pokemon:

Misheard song lyrics (actually “Secret Agent Man”):

Doodle-ish ones. One of them started out as a Peter Max-inspired card, but it didn’t turn out quite right, TBH.

These were based on characters from video games, books, or movies.

The theme was “flowing hair”.

A bird feeding at my sister’s bird feeder when I visited her recently.

And last, “Self-portrait as an animal”. This does not really look like me (my cheeks are much less fluffy, for one thing!)

20 Likes

You are amazing at these wee bits of art, brava!

1 Like

ATCs let you explore so many mediums, subjects and techniques…you surely have grasped all of those in your variety of cards!

I love the paint chip ones…so unique and fun…and your drawing skills are really good!

1 Like

I’m so honored to have several of these in my collection. You are quite talented, my friend!

1 Like

Wow!! So many different styles and all used to good effect! Those paint chip ones are so clever and well done. The green and blue doodly one reminds me of Dr. Seuss and I really like your watercolor rendition of piglet!

2 Likes

These are all amazing! I tried to pick favorites but I can’t! Every time I think “this one”, I glance at another one and think, “no, this one!” Beautiful job on all of them!

1 Like

Whoa. YOU’RE A NATURAL! Such great variety, too!

1 Like

These are all so great!! Your creativity knows no limits!

1 Like

Such a wonderful collection!
I love all of them, and my favorite is the green and blue doodle-ish one , with the depth effect.

2 Likes

I am loving the green blue chevrons with the shading. The 3D is strong in this one!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! The blue and green chevron one seems to be the most loved. It is my son’s and my sister’s favorite, also.

Love the shiny black in the first one! What did you use?

Also the woodpecker is great! They’re all so varied and interesting.

1 Like

Thanks! I did that with clear embossing powder.

1. Used a stamp and transparent stamp ink to stamp the design.
  2. Sprinkled on the clear embossing powder.
  3. Poured off the excess (and collected it to use again).
  4. Carefully used a small paint brush to knock off a few stray grains of powder.
  5. VERY carefully manipulated the card so that the back of it rested lightly on a hot iron (probably are much safer methods to heat the embossed area, but that’s what I did), until the embossing powder all melted.
  6. Let it cool completely before touching it.

I used the same technique on the words on the misheard lyrics one.

1 Like

You are such an amazing artist. The variety of your work is simply stunning! Please keep making and sharing with us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two of my favourites I already own … the woodpecker on the feeder is :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great gallery of beautiful pieces! I’m so happy you started swapping with us. I can’t wait to see what else you do.

2 Likes

snicker My dad always sings it as “Secret Asian Man”, so that one just cracked me right up.

1 Like