ATCoin Monsters from Under-Papers

I don’t know whether we’re doing #MonsterJam this year, but in the spirit of it, I made some ATCoins out of old, maxed-out under-papers.

I was originally inspired by this scrap monsters video from LittleRavenInk, although my project evolved away from scraps as such. (I do have some scrappy masterboards that will probably get the ATCoin monster treatment at some point, however.) I drew the features in Sharpie on some of those teeny bits of cardstock left over after cutting other things out.

I overheard something about an escape, so these may well show up in a happy mail envelope near you :wink:. Thanks for looking!

15 Likes

Ooo. These are so fun! I love underpapers more than what I’m actually working on sometimes! :laughing:

4 Likes

Same. Sometimes I have to stop myself from trying to sort of curate them as I go (“wait, don’t paint over that bit, it looks cool!”) :woman_facepalming:t2: .

5 Likes

Such cute monsters! Love that they are made from underpapers, too.

3 Likes

These are so fun! We had no idea people would want MonsterJam back! I think we will have to discuss bringing it back next year!

4 Likes

So cute! We will definitely have to do Monster Jam next April!

2 Likes

These are so cute!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! I’ll start stockpiling under-papers for next year :laughing:.

1 Like

What are under-papers?

Cute project by the way.

2 Likes

Thanks! Under-papers are just pieces of paper that protect other surfaces – sort of like an old-school desk blotter, maybe? I stick them between art journal pages to help keep from getting paint on other pages/allow me to stamp off the edge, plus just for general pen testing, brush clean-off, etc. And then they make great elements for other projects.

1 Like

How fun and cute!

1 Like

Ahh, I’m with you now

1 Like

so fun!

1 Like