Here’s the experiment to see how it’d look. Made with a few separated strands of #12 stranded copper wire.
(Edit: Forgot to mention, the reason for it is my grandson’s name is Atom, so…that’s why it’s an atom, heh).
Here it is after the pour in a tiny plastic cup, which I had glued onto a piece of the excess resin from the pour over for my son’s desk I made (Old desk remade and spruced up). Since the desk was for my son’s birthday, this necklace is for his girlfriends birthday, and I thought it’d be sweet if they were both tied together. So I really wanted to use something from the desk.
Also, the resin I used was what stuck to the walls of the canisters of the resin I used to make the desk. I let them sit upside down so they all drained to the top and used that for making this piece.
I know this picture isn’t the finished necklace, but I’m in a god awful amount of pain, and it was past her birthday by the time I finished with it, so I just gave it to her before taking any pictures.
Anyway, what you don’t see is I had some left over #12 solid copper wire and bent it around like a half moon and inserted it into a hole I drilled. Then I used some 3000 grit sandpaper to sand down where the channel locks had scratched it up a little when I squeezed the wire for the hoop/ring/whatever, heh, for the necklace to be strung through. The necklace is just a basic copper colored chain (I really wanted to use a leather cord, but I honestly just don’t know when I’ll get out of the house, so I just went with it when I came across it).
Anyhoo, that’s one of the very very veeery few things I’ve done recently, heh.