Autumn painting for a fundraiser

The local art community is doing a fundraiser - they provided us with some 9x12 canvases, and asked us to paint something in autumn colours. The theme was pretty open otherwise. This is my contribution-

It’s got a bit of collage under the paint from an old entomology textbook, and the rest is acrylic. The colour is little washed out, it’s more golden and bright in real life.

I also contributed a picture of a tree, but I didn’t like how it came out very much, I’m very meh about it. We’ll see if anyone wants to buy one next week!

27 Likes

I’d buy this, for sure! Love the spiral and the colours.

1 Like

I love how you’ve utilized the Fibonacci Sequence as a base on which to build. I also really love the various scales going on in the various sections as well as the realistic and the non-representational combination.

3 Likes

I would also buy it, it’s gorgeous, I love the Fibonacci

1 Like

I love this so much

1 Like

I don’t have any fancy art words but your design makes me happy.

3 Likes

Feels so mathematical and so organic, all at the same time! Love the colors and the trees and all the shapes and textures.

1 Like

Peaceful and happy and just lovely. If it doesn’t sell I’ll be shocked.

1 Like

This painting is wonderful. Whoever ends up buying it would have a beautiful work of art gracing their wall.

1 Like

Oh it is beautiful :heart_eyes: Great work :orange_heart:

1 Like

Thank you friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I would snatch this up in a second! Amazing work. I love the earthy feel.

1 Like

I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Everything about this is stunning, from composition, to color, to texture. Gorgeous work!

1 Like

:fallen_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :fallen_leaf: Congratulations! your amazing project is a Feature of the Week! :fallen_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley_cat:

Oh, this is so beautiful! <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Gorgeous, love the colours too.

1 Like

How did the fundraiser go?

1 Like

I haven’t heard yet (I didn’t manage to get to the opening). I think they still have them displayed available for sale at a local winery for the next two weeks. There’s a whole bunch of art stuff on here at the moment - open studios, exhibition at the town hall, art trail, etc. - so I’m going to be busy!

1 Like

I just heard from a friend that both paintings sold at the fundraiser :smile_cat:

Which is great for raising funds for the local group, but not so great for offering this painting for the LC garage sale (or sending it to @Abbeeroad for our IYP swap lol). Guess I’ll have to do some more painting this week!!

5 Likes