COMPETE Invite Your Partner 2024 Swap - NEW SEND DATE - Send Out April 2

I know this feeling!

5 Likes

Probably finished, except for a thing or two I keep forgetting to dig out of my stash to add…

3 Likes

Oh @geekgirl that sounds exhausting… Wishing you a speedy recovery.

@megwell I’m sure your item(s) will be great!

I worked some more on my third item for @gozer yesterday, and I’m hoping to finish it today. Then I need to think about what else to add to the envelope (we agreed on flat items that will fit in a 5x7 envelope and weigh under 30 grams, to stay within the regular posting rate. So far I’m not close to 30g yet, so I can add a few extra things, and I’m looking forward to deciding what those will be.

4 Likes

I am in the exact same boat @LindyBlues ! I have two items done, and I have the third ready to start working on. I had a very rough week, so I plan to dive into it this weekend and churn a bunch out. You don’t have to hit 30 grams. I am cool with less. I know you have worked hard on your items and that is what matters. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

You don’t have to hit 30 grams. I am cool with less. I know you have worked hard on your items and that is what matters. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Same for you :heart:

3 Likes

Happy birthday for the other day! I hope you enjoy your new sewing machine :smile:

I do paint with acrylics, I have a lot of fun with them (this is a recent one I did). I think I would recommend acrylics over oils for beginning painting, as they are a lot easier to manage if you have limited time - the clean up is much easier, and they are a lot faster drying. You can do a lot of different styles with acrylic too. There are some things that oils do better, they have a different quality, and they take a lot longer to dry - but in my (quite limited) experience, oils do need more time, and probably a bit more space too.

3 Likes

That’s so cool that you got to meet up in person to swap!! :smile:

3 Likes

ORGANISER ANNOUNCEMENT

Thank you everyone for checking in to the swap! We’ve had several senders and wonderful items to admire already - it’s great to see the gallery growing :smile:

I know a few people could really use a little extra time, because life just gets a bit busy and on top of us at times. So I hope it’s OK with all of you that I’m going to push back the send out date. One week extension is 29 March. That’s Good Friday, which is a public holiday here, but I’m not sure if it’s a public holiday for all of you. Do you guys have a preference on a new send out date?

NEW SEND OUT DATE …

• 29 March 2024 (Good Friday)
  • 2 April 2024 (after Easter)
0 voters
4 Likes

I got everything packed up today and will be sending early next week. I’m so happy with how my changed gears project went!

5 Likes

Check in question -

It’s really feeling like :fallen_leaf: autumn here :maple_leaf: - which means it must be starting to feel like :cherry_blossom: spring :tulip: for most of you! Do you have anything fun or a goal you want to achieve for the season ahead? What’s something you’re looking forward to?

7 Likes

My spring goal is to organize my craft room!

Secondary goal: cataloging all my books and the kids’ books…and donating the books they’ve outgrown. I’ve catalogued 560 books so far, but we still have a lot to go.

7 Likes

We are hoping to build a covered sort of deck in the backyard for additional living space. And to do something with the dirt hole from where we knocked down the garage. It’s unsightly. Plus, if you gotta be home, it might as well be nice, right?

7 Likes

Spring cleaning my craft supplies. :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Thank you for the info! I am reinforced in my wish to stick with acrylics, lol!

Re: send out date, Good Friday is a public holiday in Canada, where I’m located, as is the Monday following Easter Sunday. So anything we put in the mail wouldn’t be going out until April 2nd. Hence the reason for my vote :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t call it a goal, but I would like to get some stuff growing in the garden again this year, and I’d like to till the soil a bit. I’d also like to start outdoor composting again. I’m looking forward to more sunshine (hopefully). The endless gray days are not good for me.

5 Likes

Extra time is so appreciated! I voted April 2 for the holiday reason though I still hope to be done well before then. :crossed_fingers: I have one partner pretty much done and will be sending that package on Monday. The other one on the other hand… :see_no_evil:

Spring is not my favorite time of year. I’m sad winter is over. My husband looks forward to the start of car shows and racing. The girls are starting tennis again. I do like being able to knit and stitch more outside. I don’t want to talk about spring cleaning, lol. :sun_behind_large_cloud:

4 Likes

It looks like we’re entering The Pollening stage of spring, but I really enjoy this window of no (or few) mosquitoes and comfortable temps.
I hope to get some organization done in my craft areas!

5 Likes

The housing market where we want to move is picking up fast and furious, so I am online with my real estate agent a lot…I could use the extra time just so I don’t rush and make mistakes!

I am trying to balance living my life now while working on my future life and boy, is it tough! These swaps and this forum have kept me sane!

5 Likes

I love spring! The sun is finally out more, the birds are chirping, the trees are starting to come alive, it stays light for longer, it feels like a new beginning and anything is possible. I always have a renewed sense of optimism and energy as soon as spring rolls around, like I’m coming out of hibernation. I always seem to make my big life changes in the spring - relationships, housing, jobs, embarking on new crafts, etc.

This spring I’m looking forward to taking more in person classes at the local arts center, continuing to work on developing a more consistent art practice, and a serious declutter of the house. I’ve slowly been decluttering my craft supplies but I’d also like to go through of all the closets and cabinets throughout the house. I’ve got a few looms I’d like to sell this spring and continuing on with thinning my weaving book collection (that will likely be a longer project).

5 Likes

I feel like a huge Debbie Downer on these check-in questions, but…no, I don’t really have spring plans/goals/excitement. Plants make me sniffly, bugs love me, I don’t like storms – basically the highlight of spring for me is being able to go outside and still feel my fingers :laughing:.

7 Likes

Usually I get a huge rush for Spring cleaning, but this year has been rough. I had to say goodbye to my 19 year old fur baby Dahlia a few days ago. Im still in the curl-up-in-a-ball-and-cry mode.
I did take the oppeetunity to distract myself by finishing this swap.

I think my main goal will be cleaning/rearranging my craft room. That will be the key to keeping my entire house cleaner. I will also make a quilt this year no matter what, so i need to start working.

11 Likes