Avocato - my first plushie

For Purim, my daughter wanted to dress up as a character from a TV show that she likes. That character has a sort of animal companion. While looking for idea for that part of the costume, I came across a pattern to sew said companion, created and shared by some generous individual.
However, I have never made a plushie before, and my sewing knowledge didn’t go far beyond pointy end of needle goes into fabric. So, I decided I should start with something simpler to get the hang of it.
I found a very comprehensive tutorial on plushie making, shared by a different generous person online (Free Sewing Guide! Starter Pack Plush Pattern – Sew Desu Ne?).
Dug through the family’s fabric stash for relevant material and set out on the adventure.
It is mostly sewn by hand, except for connecting the front and back which were done on our sewing machine (which my brother took to get fixed and we are both relearning how to use).

And some progress pictures:

25 Likes

Simple can be the best! I love that you made this a learning experience for yourself! Turned out really good! (and cute!)

1 Like

It came out soooooo cute! I’m sure your kiddo adores it!

1 Like

What a cutie! You’re off to a great start!

1 Like

It came out very cute! Her patterns are all very adorable!

1 Like

so cute. it looks great.

1 Like

Great job! I really slipped on my encouragement but happy you got it finished even without prodding :smiley:

3 Likes

The plushie looks really good, well done for trying something new!

And @Cindy good to see you around!

3 Likes

So cute! I love the little mustache.

1 Like

What a fun plushie. Cholyknight is wonderful and I have used many of their patterns. I’d love to make them all.
What’s your next project?

1 Like

It turned out darling! You did an amazing job and I hope to see more sewing from you!

1 Like

Super cute plushie!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, it was a fun project to do, and great to test out the sewing machine after it’s been fixed.
@marionberries - the next project was the actual plushie for my kid’s costume, which turned out awesome. I will post it soon, just have to get my words together :smile:

2 Likes

:bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: :bell: Ring-a-ding-ding! Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! CONGRATS! :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: :bell:

2 Likes

This is adorable! What an awesome mom you are, learning new things so you can make the kiddo happy! I love it!

1 Like

What a great way to practice and get a few skills under your belt before making the ‘real deal.’ This one came out really good!

1 Like