"Awesome Blossom" Embroidery

I have been super inspired by these full-hoop embroidered flowers I saw floating around pinterest. I haven’t been able to track down an artist to properly credit my inspiration, partly because the Instagram account that the pin links to is in Spanish. I attempted to make my own version, but on a much smaller scale (3-inch hoop). I probably could have used some different stitches to add some more textural interest…next time! :wink:

I decorated the edge of the hoop with my wood burning tool, inspired by @JoyfulClover’s awesome ruler-edged hoop that I had to track down in the personal swap gallery because she never posted it properly (what?!). And added a wood-burned bead to the top.

I had a little bit of trouble deciding when the flower was “finished.” The inspiration pieces went right to the edge of the hoop. In the end, with a little crafty input from @curiousfae, I decided not to risk ruining the flower and left it as is.

I struggled with a name for this piece, too. I’m not sure how I landed on “Awesome Blossom.” Maybe because it’s a bit 90s retro inspired? :smile:

Thanks for looking!

21 Likes

It IS an awesome blossom!

1 Like

I’m getting flashbacks to the show Blossom lol. This is an intense amount of work in a teeny tiny space - beautiful!

1 Like

I love everything about this! And when I hear awesome blossom I think of the appetizer from Chili’s (my fave)-basically fried onion petals

4 Likes

This was where my mind was :laughing:, but now I want a blooming onion @bethntim!! :yum:

2 Likes

This is awesome indeed!

Woah! Look at all the cool colors and stitches! And then you used the wood burner on the hoop AND an added bead! I use 3 dots in many of my pieces! Art, embroidery. And even on painted clay stuffs. The 3 is very appealing - it’s odd and floral, yet symmetrical!

I’m haven’t used my shaped tip, yet. I need to do more with it, though.

Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

It’s gorgeous!

1 Like

I totally agree - 3 little dots go so well together! :smile:

Wow! So much texture and color. Nice job.

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like

It’s wonderful, all the stitches and colours are just your style. Love it.

1 Like

Ooh! Gorgeous! I love all the colirs aaaand I realllyy like how you decorated the hoop!

2 Likes

just the lushness of this piece…so many textures and colors…

I love how you guys are creating off each others’ energy…the decorated hoops and beads are such nice additional touches…

2 Likes

Awesome indeed! I love all the extra details – the wood burnt design and the beaded hanger. Really takes it to the next level!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Awesome Blossom Embroidery is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

This is so stunningly stitched! The wood burning adds so much texture and detail. I love it.

1 Like

Awesome! Right back atcha! :wink:

Great way to practice different stitches!!

Super flower!!

1 Like

It’s absolutely gorgeous! Lovely stitches, and the end result is so cheerful and fun! Wood burning the hoop and adding the bead and cord were AMAZING final touches as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like