Baby Kitten Snuggle Cave

We foster kittens and after the last litter of 6 week olds came with a nasty parasite, many of our well used kitten furnishings did not survive the thorough cleaning and sterilization.
We are also tired of purchasing or being gifted items that just don’t hold up to kittens well.
This little cave was made almost entirely from stash. I did buy some fusible foam and love the stuff. The pattern, scaled down is listed below, but I didn’t follow her instructions but did my own thing. I do need to find a better way to finish the raw seams.
This litter was born on Christmas Eve and are now 12 days old. Their eyes are open and are starting to explore their world.
Mama’s cave is linked below.

24 Likes

Oh my goodness! That is perfect for them. Those babies are so cute, and you are an angel for fostering! I love that igloo. And the added bonus is that you can make more as needed. I have a CH cat that loves to sleep in a shark-shaped house. She is a little aggressive fighting the shark and I might need to get her a new one soon. I think it would be so cute to make her one. Thank you for sharing the pattern!

2 Likes

So cute!!!

1 Like

That looks so cozy - and the kittens are adorable!

1 Like

Cute igloo… I’m sure the kitties will love it!

1 Like

What a cute way to wrangle kittens! Love the little cave!

1 Like

What a sweet little house for the fuzzy cute ones. The inside looks so soft I want a human sized one! LOL

2 Likes

What a great little cave, I hope it holds up well. The current contents of it are very cute.
I also want a human sized one!

1 Like

Cool creation and it’s great that you foster kittens like that! Sorry about the parasites.

I recently made my cat a lair out of a cardboard box, but, she sleeps on top, instead of inside, and her weight caved in the “roof”, but, she still likes sleeping in the sinkhole ike that! :roll_eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

@AnarchyCupcakes mama cat keeps trying to fith herself in but she’s too big. So now I am making a larger one for her and the kittens.

@patraw every cat house we’ve ever made or purchased ends up being squished. They just love the rop of anything and also they love annoying their humans. We have two forever adult cats plus foster two or three litters a year. We prefer pregnant mom cats, but also get batches of 6 week olds some times.

3 Likes

This is the cutest thing ever! And the igloo is fab! Your did a great job

Aaaa so perfect for the wee toddlin’ kittens!

I keep saying i should craft more cat caves, my Oyster kitty loves her two purchased caves. Actually, thank you for reminding me, i meant to sew up a new cuddle sack for her. Kittens when older might like it too! Just a plush fuzzy bag, really.

This is the cutest thing! I need to try that fusible foam sometime. Your cave came out great!

:mega: :star2: :mega: HOT DANG! Your super cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! CONGRATZ! :mega: :star2: :mega:

The kittens thank you. They are outgrowing it fast!
Resized_20240110_081858_786

3 Likes

Beautiful work! It looks perfectly made. Looks difficult to me.

So adorable!