Back to School Cake Pops

My two boys are finally back in-person after a year and a half of virtual Zoom learning. While I am waiting with bated breath for them to be able to be vaccinated, I have been very pleased with our district’s response and safety measures. They went back (the oldest to 2nd grade, the youngest to Kindergarten) last week. I have already seen a huge improvement in their happiness and anxiety levels, and this Momma’s heart is so relieved. If there is any silver lining to the pandemic, it is getting to actually walk them to school in the morning and see them in the afternoons rather than leave the house before they even get up and come home when it’s already getting dark now that I’m full time wfh. To celebrate their big first day, they came home to special cake pops. I used Merckens milk chocolate melts to make the outer shell, and the filling was crushed vanilla Oreo cookies with a spoonful of peanut butter to make it into play dough-like consistency. White chocolate Merckens melts were used for the final little flourish, and I mixed up a bunch of sprinkles from my obnoxiously large hoard to go with the school-themed sugar sprinkles on top of each pop. (The letter sprinkles were from a bottle of christmassy sprinkles from Target last year, but I’ll include a link to something similar.)

Boys were very happy. I assume they were good, though I was not saved a bite, haha.

Ouddy Popsicle Molds Set of 2, Ice Pop Molds Silicone 4 Cavities Ice Cream Mold Oval Cake Pop Mold with 50 Wooden Sticks for DIY Popsicle Amazon.com: Ouddy Popsicle Molds Set of 2, Ice Pop Molds Silicone 4 Cavities Ice Cream Mold Oval Cake Pop Mold with 50 Wooden Sticks for DIY Popsicle: Home & Kitchen

School Assortment Sugar Decorations Cookie Cupcake Cake Teacher Office 12 Count Amazon.com: School Assortment Sugar Decorations Cookie Cupcake Cake Teacher Office 12 Count : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Mystic Sprinkles I Know My! Confetti Mixes 2.7oz Bottles (ABCs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096YHPSGX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_X58Z8YSKAPJC7742ZPEC

10 Likes

These are so much fun! Great job, mom!

1 Like

These are so awesome! And sound delicious too!

1 Like

These are awesome!

1 Like

Cute! (and congratulations-- my soon-to-be-3rd grader goes back to a real classroom in 2 weeks and even with all the contagion worries we are all so very ready for it.)

1 Like

What a fun treat to come home to! They look great!

1 Like

It has been wonderful. We’re fortunate to have a mask mandate and the district is super cautious, so my anxiety is somewhat lessened. I’m sure your kiddo will have a great time!!

2 Likes

These are so cute!

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like