Banana bread muffins

Baked this first thing this morning! This recipe is for 12 muffins. As you can see from the picture, they are very tasty, warm as well as cold. They also freeze very well.

• 250 gr flour
  • 115 gr sugar (I used white this time, but brown is also fine)
  • 115 gr olive oil
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3-5 overripe bananas in pieces

This is the easiest recipe ever. Put everything in the bowl of your stand mixer or grab your hand mixer, mix together, done. You can also just stir the ingredients together with spoon. There will be small pieces of banana in the muffins if you stir by hand, and the batter will be a bit thicker. Either way they are tasty. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180C / 350 F for muffins and 65 minutes if you’re making a loaf.

10 Likes

Ooooo! Yummmmmm!

Mmmmmmm… I’m picturing these with chocolate frosting. Or Nutella… discreetly wipes away a little drool… you didn’t see that, right?

1 Like

Americans and frosting! :laughing: We don’t usually put frosting on baked goods over here unless it’s for a very special occasion, but it seems like you guys put frosting on everything (I don’t blame you guys - it looks delicious). Is peanut butter frosting a thing? Because I love banana and peanut butter together.

1 Like

Most people don’t put frosting on muffins. That’s just me. Mainly because I love banana and chocolate! I love bananas with peanut butter, too! I haven’t seen peanut butter frosting but I bet peanut butter chips would be amazing additions! :yum:

Heck, why not some peanut butter chips AND chocolate chips!!?? :star_struck:

1 Like

Google says it’s a thing! https://sugarspunrun.com/peanut-butter-frosting/ Need to try that some day.

When I still went into the office every day I would bake healthy oatmeal, banana & peanut butter muffins for breakfast on the go, I bet those would be delicious with chocolate chips as well (but maybe not so healthy).

1 Like

Mmmm oatmeal banana and peanut butter muffins sound delicious!

1 Like

A frosted muffin is more of a cupcake, sort of. And yes, there is peanut butter everything! Butter cream or a whipped mousse. I don’t like banana but my children certainly do so I’ll bookmark your recipe to try, maybe even add some PB frosting just for fun. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

These are great for make ahead breakfast!

1 Like

In Dutch we use the same word for muffin and cupcake (which is cakeje, little cake) so in my head I’m always thinking “is this a cupcake or a muffin?”. We also call all types of bun “little bread”. I don’t know why people say our language is difficult to learn :laughing: