Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Here you go! ATC envelope tutorial :grin:

3 Likes

Sweater! So many holes. My fingers hurt.

5 Likes

I am sorry about your fingers, but there is something about a sweater covered with cool bubbles that is just amazing to me…like painting on clothing…

Well, following @magpie’s lead, my little embroidery floss holders arrived yesterday…all 200 of them…what was I thinking? I am not going to let myself get overwhelmed by this task…a few a day and I should be done by year 2025…lol

2 Likes

He really loves it but it matches my pants so well I may be wearing it myself sometimes!

The floss winding is slow going but I do it in bed at night while watching (mostly just listening to) silly tv if I haven’t got a more interesting craft I want to work on. It’s ok I don’t mind the bin of floss sitting out, it’s full of pretty colours. I consider it a decoration :smile:

2 Likes

I had just enough of this fun camera washi tape to decorate a set of these bird prints (not the new dslr shots yet).

8 Likes
  • Baked Banana bread muffins
  • Worked on my sampler
  • Went to pick up some new pots for the plants that will be delivered tomorrow, for my windowsill jungle. One pot is too big for the windowsill so I have to figure out where I’m going to put it.
  • Maaaybe I’m going to clean the microwave tonight
3 Likes

Day 17: Not feeling super crafty today, but I realized it had been a while since I’d Powerpuffed myself, so I played around on that site for a bit. (“Myself” being a relative term; I took some artistic liberties.)

5 Likes

Today I reorganized my stickers, made six cards for future Happy Mail, and made one ATC :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Birds!! Chirp chirp!

2 Likes

Inspired by @Reinikka, I made some envelopes today from an old calendar of Beatles lyrics.

Because I don’t have a fancy tool, I used a tutorial.

I didn’t make it through all the calendar pages so stay tuned for round 2.

Oh! I also mended a dress today:

Not the prettiest but gets the job done. Now taking bets on how long it will last.

9 Likes

I finished sewing all of the patches onto my tote bag project…tomorrow, I will iron it and make a separate post. I did a total of 38 patches embroidered onto canvas over a couple of day…my elbow and fingers hurt from stitching, but I really wanted to get this one done.

6 Likes

Catching up on posting - Monday, worked on my temari

Tuesday, baked tofu (current favorite recipe for tofu) to throw in meals throughout the week, like this ramen with bok choi and shitake mushrooms

Today, did a bit more stitching on my ferret hoop! Hoping to get this done before the end of the month.

10 Likes

Yum! I love tofu :heart: I usually just toss it in stir-fry though. Nothing as fancy as you did!

2 Likes

17th Feb

Quite a lot done on my cross stitch today, the lower half is now complete :smiley:

10 Likes

I can’t show the pocket letter I am working on. I can show the turkey vulture I just had to watercolor.

I’m on my phone, or I’d link to it’s post with story.

8 Likes
  • Repotted houseplants + made plans for gardening
  • Little bit of cross stitch
3 Likes

I did a journal page

And I’m contemplating starting to crochet another shawl

8 Likes

Love this page!!

Today, I finished the envelopes from my old calendar:

And made some scrappy crowns:

8 Likes

18th Feb

A little more on my cross stitch and started a sheet of heart themed background, to be cut up for inchies/twinchies/etc

8 Likes

Today I knocked out twelve more cards for the Happy Mail Craftalong and I started saving the “scrap” bits by sticking them onto some card stock. This will be a super colorful masterboard when it’s full :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes