Bangers and Mash - Superdogs! with Super Spud pattern

I was going through photos and found these guys. Thought I’d share here. :slight_smile:

I found a pattern for a superhero dog in a magazine and made it. I named him Super Sausage. I even added a chain of sausages to his cape. And then I decided that Super Sausage needed a new member, and I created Super Spud! Together, they are… Bangers and Mash!

Super Spud Pattern

Body:

Using a G (4.25mm) hook and worsted weight yarn in cream
MR: 6 sc
R2. Inc x6 (12)
R3: (sc, inc) x6 (18)
R4: (2 sc, inc) x6 (24)
R5: (3 sc, inc) x6 (30)
R6: (4 sc, inc) x6 (36)
R7: (5 sc, inc) x6 (42)
R8: (6 sc, inc) x6 (48)
R9-24: sc around (48) - 16 rows
Place saftey eyes (12mm) between rows 10 & 11, with 6 stitches between.
R25: (6 sc, dec) x6 (42)
R26: (5 sc, dec) x6 (36)
R27: (4 sc, dec) x6 (30)
R28: (3 sc, dec) x6 (24)
Begin stuffing.
R29: (2 sc, dec) x6 (18)
R30: (sc, dec) x6 (12)
Finish stuffing firmly.
R31: (dec) x6 (6)
Finish off, use end to sew opening closed

Tail:
Using the same color as the body, ch 8. Starting in 2nd ch from hook, work 2 sc in each ch (14).
This will make the tail curl around like a corkscrew. Leave a tail long enough to sew to the back of the body. The photo below shows where I placed the tail.

• Using felt and the picture as a guide, cut out mouth and ear pieces and sew to the body.
    • For the muzzle, I made a rectangle initially using a pale tan piece of felt that fit right between the eyes. I then rounded out the corners to make an oval shape, and kept trimming down until it fit how I wanted it to.
      super_spud002%20(2)
    • For the ears, I cut two rectangular pieces of light tan felt as long as the muzzle is tall. Then doing the same as the muzzle, I trimmed the corners into an oval shape.
      super_spud001%20(2)
      I placed the ears so that the inner edge was roughly two stitches away from the eye, and the top edge a row higher.
  • Use black embroidery floss to stitch a smile onto the muzzle. You may find embroidering on the smile easier BEFORE sewing onto the face.

Cape

With red, chain 87. Starting in second chain from hook, sc across (86)
Finish off red, weave in ends.
With blue, skip the first 31 stitches of the red strip. Attach in 32nd stitch and sc a total of 24 stitches across. Leave the remaining 31 stitches unworked. Ch 1, turn. (24)
R2: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (26)
R3 & 4: sc across. Ch 1, turn.
R5: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (28)
R6 & 7: sc across. Ch 1, turn.
R8: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (30)
R9 & 10: sc across. Ch 1, turn.
R11: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (32)
R12 & 13: sc across.
R14: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. (34)
Finish off. Weave in ends.
With right side facing, attach blue in the side of the first row near red strip. Sc in each stitch along the side, work 3 sc in the bottom cormer, sc along the bottom, work 3 sc in the corner, and sc along the final side, finishing off when you reach the red strip. Weave in ends.

• Using the photo as a guide, cut out a potato shape from felt, attach to the cape, and add several small x’s like potato eyes.
    • I Cut out a wonky sort of peanut like shape that is about 1.5 inches wide by somewhere between 3/4 to 1 inch tall. The shape doesn’t need to be perfect. Potatoes are often a bit wonky looking. If you have a darker color of felt to use for the potato, that might be better than the light color I used. Then the white thread would really pop, and it might scream potato a little more than mine does.

Tie the cape around your new super hero, and play away!

18 Likes

These are too cute!

2 Likes

ha ha what a hilariously cute super team!

2 Likes

Teehee! Totally cute yarn superheroes!

2 Likes

These are super XD cute! I love Mash the most!

2 Likes

So cute!! I love him flying!!!

2 Likes

These little guys are adorable!

2 Likes

These rock! So creative and fun!

1 Like

Oh man, these dudes are terrific!

1 Like

Love it!

Thank you, everyone! I found the pattern I wrote up for Super Spud and added it to the post. If you make one, please share! I’d love to see yours!

So stinking cute!

1 Like

What a team!! So cute!!

1 Like

Adorable :smiley: And of course he needs an extra member, together they are cute and adorable XD

1 Like

I was happy enough with just this portion :laughing: AND you gave us a full pattern? You are the real superhero here.

1 Like

These are so awesome. The opening picture cracks me up! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks! These are still loved by my nieces to this day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: