Barb’s T-shirt Quilt

Last Christmas, my dad’s wife asked if I’d make a t-shirt quilt for her daughter Barb. I started in February but didn’t have enough shirts so talked to Barb and she said she’d get more to me. Last week I reached out again and told her I needed them now or I wouldn’t be able to make it since we are moving cross country. That lit a fire under her and I got them within three days.

I’ve never made a t-shirt quilt this basic but it’s what she wanted. She also threw in a twist by adding an old pillow case (that’s the white area on the left, which is more visible in person) The quilt is 70 x 56

20 Likes

You might call it “basic”, but I’m sure she’ll love it - well done!

1 Like

Very nice! I really like how the pillowcase creates that larger square on the left. You did a great job of balancing it with the ‘Wilson’ underneath. I agree with @wittychild, Barb is going to love it!

1 Like

Superb! I’m amazed at all the stuff you are cranking out even while you are prepping for a cross country move!

1 Like

I’m a bit crazy for doing so :woozy_face:

Look at the green shirt with 22 on it and you’ll see why that name is important to her.

1 Like

Nice job under pressure! Love how everything is arranged and balanced…she is going to love it…so full of memories, I am sure!

1 Like

She’s picking it up tonight and I can’t wait to see her reaction.

1 Like

This is lovely! It looks like such a cozy blanket to curl up under with a good book or a movie. Love the idea of incorporating a pillowcase, and the few shirts on angles to mix it up a bit!

2 Likes

I love these so much! I can’t wait to hear about her reaction!

1 Like

She loved it and is going to use it in her trailer.

2 Likes

It’s really great, good on you!

I have a bunch of Threadless tshirts…I just can’t bear to cut them up :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Check this out T-shirt Quilts for our sons … they are made with fronts but you could probably use the entire shirt for extra warmth.

This looks so fantastic. What did you use to back it with? I’m looking to make one out of the excess t-shirts my husband never wears but won’t get rid of. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I used a sheet on this one, as I had on the others I’ve done.