I made my oldest grand daughter this hat with plans to make a matching one for myself.
I did make one but it was massive so I pulled most if it apart, left out some rounds and finished again. This time I didn’t like the look so grabbed what was left of the ball and started a different pattern. Part way through I knew it wasn’t working so pulled out a few rounds and just winged the rest. I ended up using half the yarn from the first hat to finish. I should mention, the majority of this took place from Saturday morning to Sunday evening.
The final bucket
It looks best on me with the front folded up, plus I can see better.
We plan to see our grand daughter next weekend and I’m excited to show her my hat.