TAKE A BITE OUT OF YOUR STASH - Weekend Challenge

shark 2

:ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream:

Just when you thought it was safe to leave your craft room…

:ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream: :ring_buoy: :ocean: :sunny: :icecream:

Summer is in full swing in the Northern Hemisphere, with record high temperatures across Europe and the US. Folks are looking for any way they can to cool off. Many are heading to the beach to relax with ice cream cones on the boardwalk, and some splashing in the waves. Unfortunately the record high temps have also brought other visitors to the shore… Sharks! There have been an uptick in shark sightings and shark attacks this summer. So to be safe, avoid the ocean, and stay home to craft this weekend instead!

YOUR THEME: TAKE A BITE OUT OF YOUR STASH… to craft some summer sun & beach fun.

YOUR TIME FRAME: This weekend, July 22-July 25th, 2022, at midnight.

Examples:

The Rules:

• The goal with this challenge is to craft with stash materials, but we all know that sometimes you just really need a bigger boat. Or that you’ve run out of blue thread, and need to run to the store. So for this challenge, craft with at least 75% stash materials!
  • Your craft may be any medium that we have a category for here on Lettuce Craft.
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on Monday, July 25th, your local time. (LC will timestamp your post.)

The winner of the TAKE A BITE OUT OF YOUR STASH CHALLENGE will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. And bragging rights. :wink:

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the correct Completed Projects sub-board for your medium. (Ie. a recipe on the Food & Drinks board)
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include β€œ- Take a Bite 2022 Challenge Entry” (example: Jennie’s Baby Shark Mobile - Take a Bite 2022 Challenge Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on July 25th - 31st, 2022.
  • The winner will be announced on August 1 - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun! Happy crafting!

Entries

1. Vintage Style Apron by @Immaculata
  2. A little Sign - β€œSea” by @Tanath
  3. Camping Stash Bag by @marionberries
  4. Giddy Up (Sea) Horsey by @Mvanrh11
  5. Beach Bucket by @Cindy
  6. Beachcomber Bracelet by @tendstowardschaos
  7. Seashell & Flotsam Assemblage by @geekgirl
  8. Drinking Horn Holder by @poetrylover828
  9. There’s Always Room for Sharks by @MistressJennie
  10. Staying Inside in the AC (Miniature Table Scene) by @Bunny1kenobi
Take a Bite Out of Your Stash Challenge
  • Vintage Style Apron by Immaculata
  • A Little Sign - β€œSea” by Tanath
  • Camping Stash Bag by marionberries
  • Giddy Up (Sea) Horsey by Mvanrh11
  • Beach Bucket by Cindy
  • Beachcomber Bracelet by tendstowardschaos
  • Seashell & Flotsam Assemblage by geekgirl
  • Drinking Horn Holder by poetrylover828
  • Staying Inside in the AC (Miniature Table Scene) by Bunny1kenobi

0 voters

8 Likes

cat2

10 Likes

Oooh. This is a fun idea. I have some swap crafting i have tl finish up, but i will see if i can throw something else in there.
And i had to share these. A couple years ago my families cats got extra excited for shark week too!

13 Likes

No shark photos, but we do have a Blue Whale catball!

I will be whipping up something this weekend to use on my summer roadtrips - doing one this weekend in fact! Perfect timing!

17 Likes

Thats so cute @Camelama. And sorry for sort of hyjacking the thread with cat pics @MistressJennie . :shark: :joy_cat:

1 Like

Go for it @gozer! Let’s keep the thread chattering all weekend!

2 Likes

Hopefully I’ll get through my pre-scheduled projects and get to dig into my stash!

2 Likes

I just finished a huge project - a good time to start a new one from stash!

1 Like

Sunday Morning, MistressT walks in… β€œOh hi guys! I just whipped up a life sized pirate ship out of cardstock using my Cricut. Delia is going to Captain it, so I made her huge hat to go with it. And our flag will be these shark boxers I made from stash fabric. Too bad I didn’t have more time.” :wink: :laughing: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

Please remember everyone: Your projects don’t have to be enormous. You can go as big or as small as you wish. The goal is just to have fun crafting, and get you to raid your stash!

3 Likes

I have a question:
Does the project have to be started and finished this weekend, or can it roll into the weekend as a WiP?

2 Likes

A friend did that for her Poneranian! :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

BAHAHAHAAAA! We’ll see. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If it has been made from stash materials (75% or more), and fits the beachy-aquatic theme, you can enter something that is a WIP.

6 Likes

OMG I love it!

1 Like

Note to everyone: In addition to posting pics of your pets and friends pets, as sharks or pirates or anything else (seriously, show me your animal pics!), feel free to post any craft ideas you think fit the theme to inspire everyone here!

3 Likes

This contest is perfect for me- I have just almost finished a project to add to my other almost finished thing that just needs thinging and neither of them match the theme so I am totally allowed to procraftinate a THIRD WiP to enter here! Haha

12 Likes

I love you. :rofl:

3 Likes

I keep thinking of lake beaches and summer camp…

2 Likes

I am thinking of a carrying case of some kind for road trip accoutrements.

5 Likes