Bead thingies

Yesterday, a friend busted her stash of jewelry supplies and gave me POUNDS and POUNDS of beads and findings. Woohoo!

This morning, I assimilated it all into my existing stash (had to add a couple more storage containers), AND made her a thank you gift–out of the very beads she gave me!

she mentioned this lovely pendant, said she’d never figured out how to attach it to a chain (hint: it was too long for head pins, so I used wire instead). I added a couple of beads, made a chain tassel, and hung it from a matching chain. I kind of think a black cord and silky tassel would look better, but I don’t have anything suitable on hand.

And a birthday gift, too:

There were a bunch of nifty pendants in the stash. I mixed them with some of her beads and some of mine to make pretties to hang in a window (I know she likes that sort of thing). Each one has a lobster claw jewelry finding at the top, so it can be attached to…something.
Thanks to @MistressJennie for her class on making these!

29 Likes

Fabulous! The Art Deco cameo is utterly gorgeous. Very lovely sun catchers too.

1 Like

Wow! Lucky you! And lucky her; she now has something wearable made out of that gorgeous face bead.

1 Like

How cool to make something for your friend from the beads she gave you.
I think the gold chain works pretty well with the pendant, it picks up the gold in it.

1 Like

These turned out lovely!

1 Like

I think the pendant necklace is beautiful with the gold! I wouldn’t change a thing. I bet she was tickled to get it back!

1 Like

I won’t see her for a couple of weeks, but I think she’ll be happy.

1 Like

:revolving_hearts: Eep! Your stupendous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

How nice of her to give you so many pearls, and how nice of you to make her gifts in return! They all look really nice, love the pendant, you did a wonderful job at figuring it out.

1 Like

That art deco pendant is gorgeous. I love it! Now I need to keep my eyes open for beads like that… LOL

1 Like