Because...Bunny

Lately I have been focusing on using stash and making mostly functional things: pouches, curtains, clothing…and you know what? Sometimes you have to make something just because…for no other reason than “because”.

The flannel for my bunny came from an old shirt I wore in college…yep, really OLD stuff…I basically used my own pattern based loosely on a Ninni…added some arms and ears…the ears have floral wire so I can bend and shape them a bit…

My hubby asked who I made it for …I answered: ME…he asked me why…I answered: BECAUSE

I made him a little tail as well…

44 Likes

Aw, this is so cute and sweet. Nice way to remember an era of life, an adorable memento from a specific period of time. I like it. I have a few kids clothes I haven’t let go of despite major destashes. I think they would make nice little friends to keep “just for me”. And I sure do like that flowery carrot too!

2 Likes

He is just so cute!

1 Like

Super cute bun-bun!

2 Likes

He looks very cuddly. What a cutie!

2 Likes

Adorbs! And kudos for making something just because…and bonus points for making it for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are very thrifty if you kept that shirt from college until retirement! But I like him a lot, and the carrot is a nice little detail.

1 Like

So cute! Love love love!

1 Like

Cute!!! The flannel fabric reads as a snow suit to me :slight_smile: And I love how bunny is orange much like the carrots I’m sure he loves. And I just love that color lol.

1 Like

He’s really cute. Love the little carrot and tail.

1 Like

Super cuteness and the carrot is the best!! :rabbit::rabbit2:

1 Like

ha ha actually it was all cut up and in a baggie along with other college memorabilia. I must have had plans for it but of course, I have forgotten what…in my retirement, I am working to get rid of stuff so no one else has to…a lot easier to throw out scraps of a shirt than a cute bunny…ha

Thanks, all…it was a fun distraction!

2 Likes

He’s adorable. I’m glad you gave him a nice carrot so he doesn’t go hungry.

1 Like

Somebody out there has a bag I made in a swap ages ago with that fabric as a lining…can’t believe I still have scraps of that…ha ha

1 Like

He is so cute! Love the tail and the carrot!

1 Like

What a darling BecauseBunny, just for you! The fabrics and features are adorable. There doesn’t need to be a reason for everything made. Yay for making this joyous stuffie just because!

He is so cute!

AIMR! I.love.this.bunny.!!

I love, NAY, ADORE the colors!! The shape. The face! He’s so stylized! And the patterned carrot!

Yeah, whole thing. Money.

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

1 Like

Best because ever!

1 Like

He has found a place among my crafting supplies…hanging out with his kitty friend that I received in a swap

10 Likes