Belsnickel Paper Doll

I grew up with a diluted and vague Belsnickel tradition, but could hardly find any Belsnickel items that weren’t Dwight Schrute related. Then yesterday, I spotted this printable for sale and hopped on it!

The artist includes a file to print on the back of the piece to make it more festive/finished. I accidentally forgot to switch the orientation from landscape to portrait, so rain it through twice giving it a different look.

The label on the printout has all the info for finding it if you want; there are also a Krampus and a Mari Lwyd. Apparently all three are only available during December.

Belsnickel03

Printed on white cardstock. I used precision scissors to cut out the pieces, then ran a dark grey marker around the edges to give it a little more of a finished look. Bronze-colored brad from stash.

UPDATE: I added a little embellishment to Belsnickel before packing him away until next December.

I added (silk) embroidery floss to the end of his whip (as suggested by the directions) and some gloss glaze stuff to the bells on his cape.

As mentioned in the comments, I bought the Krampus Paper Doll and made him. I tired to get a shot of them hugging, but it looks a lot more like a one-sided tickle fight.

21 Likes

Before I go down this rabbit hole, let me say nice work!

1 Like

Thanks! It was kind of nice to have a kit-type project today!

2 Likes

No idea what-the-what so I’ll go look it up but in the meantime, awesome work! That back print looks amazing, it somehow adds to the ookiness.

1 Like

Wow! Impressive!

1 Like

Hooray! :tada: This holiday masterpiece is a Featured Project! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us. Keep creating and sharing in 2024! :tada:

3 Likes

Awwww, thanks!

3 Likes

All that precise cutting!! That looks like it took a while, but it was well worth your efforts! I like the patchy effect on the back. I never would have guessed that it wasn’t part of the original original design.

1 Like

Thanks! It was a bit time-consuming, but it was just about the right amount for what I wanted for that day. WIN!

1 Like

Hello, I’m the artist from Erika’s Attic. I’m so tickled to radomly come across this post! I love seeing these in the wild. I’m so glad you enjoyed Belsnickel!

7 Likes

It was a treat to find a good Belsnickel! I ended up going back and buying your Krampus on the 26th (I think), but I haven’t make him yet.

3 Likes

I had a lot of fun with these this year. Some shared funny uses of them, like Krampus in conjunction with Elf on a Shelf in hilarious ways. I’ll have to do more of these next year!

3 Likes

How lovely! The edge finishing really took it to the next level!

2 Likes

How did I miss this?!?! It’s so cool!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

This is so fun!

How awesome is this???! You find the coolest stuff to make!

And I’m extra tickled that the artist herself dropped in to say hi! I hope we’ll see more of you, @ErikaKarl!

1 Like

I got lucky finding this through Pinterest! I went back and got the Krumpus, too. I need to get it printed and made so I can get it put into the proper storage tote with the holiday decor! That’s right, I still don’t have the Christmas stuff totally put away. :grimacing: :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If it’s any consolation, mine is still out, too… :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s only the 11th day of Christmas, folks, embrace the festivities!! :partying_face:

2 Likes