Birds, Bees, Flowers, Trees....Summertime Site Wide Challenge 6/2-6/30/2020

Let’s have a fun site wide challenge! The theme is summertime! What does summer mean to you? Do you go camping? Hang out in your backyard? Sit inside with the A/C (or heat) and craft? No matter what you do this summer, we want to see it.

This challenge is not a specific craft but a specific theme. You can use any medium you like, just as long as craft matches the theme of summer. Now for the details:

Craft Time: June 2-30, 2020
Entries due: July 1-7th
Voting: July 8th-15th
A winner will be announced on July 16th

On July 1st I will make a new thread for entries.

A prize pack with LettuceCraft swag and other goodies will be awarded to the winner.

The entry must be a new craft, it can not be something you did in the past.
One entry per person.
Have fun!

17 Likes

Ooh this looks fun! I spend a lot of time keeping up with the weeds in my garden during the summer…wonder how I can work that in :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What a fabulous theme! I love that it’s open to interpretation in all crafty mediums.

4 Likes

Oooo! This is going to be a fun bunch of crafts to see! :grinning: Will we get some Santas from our Southern Hemisphere folks? :rofl:

I used to go camping (tent style, no campground, etc.) and now I like to say “I live at camping.” But with hot/cold running water, flushing toilets, comfy bed. TheMisterT likes to backpack. I do like to take my projects outside if I can! This can work for needlework, wood burning, stuff with stinky glues and paints. I also do quite a bit more of my home improvement projects in summer.

3 Likes

Looks fun!!

3 Likes

Yay for site challenges! Now to dream and plan…

4 Likes

You had me at birds! Chirp chirp chirpity chirp!

3 Likes

Fantastic theme…can’t wait to see the entries for this challenge!

3 Likes

Dandelion greens salad! Dandelion wine!

3 Likes

Oooh exciting! I’m going to enjoy brainstorming on my lunch break tomorrow :grinning:

2 Likes

Oooooo. I have something I’ve been wanting to do/make for a while now. This seems like the perfect way to light a fire under that project!

3 Likes

This gallery is gonna be awesome! Can’t wait to participate

2 Likes

This will be an amazing gallery!!!

Personally I like to hang by the pool, we don’t have AC and it does get hot and very Humid here but still no AC so its the pool…which is drained and waiting patch and will we paint will we not??? That would be a monumental “craft”

4 Likes

This may inspire me to actually do a rather mundane home-improvement project that I should do, but am not motivated to do.

4 Likes

Wonderful theme. Now to thinking.

1 Like

image_4d18b290-7f1f-478f-9655-9239c6a6c198_444x444

Not my pics, but look at these pretties that arrived on my doorstep today :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Oh my…

2 Likes

June being Pride Month, methinks some rainbow crafting is in order…though I need no excuse for rainbow crafting! :rainbow:

I’m going to set a goal of crafting for this challenge outdoors on the Solstice.

4 Likes

I’d totally paint my pool rainbow if they offered the paint I nee in rainbow colors…but looks like pool blue it is!

2 Likes

I hear black swimming pools are in. Weird or smart to harness some solar energy?

3 Likes