Blackberry Ginger Peach BBQ Sauce

Every year I struggle to use up the blackberries that grow off our back deck. This year I came up with a BBQ sauce that’s so good I had to make a second batch.

I started with 5 cups of blackberries. I cooked them with 1/3 cup of water for 20 minutes on medium heat.

The cooked berries got strained & pushed through a sieve to collect the juice and leave the seeds behind.

To thicken the sauce a bit I added the pulp of 3 peaches. To easily remove the skin just boil them for 3 minutes then dunk into cold water.

The peaches were puréed in my food processor along with 1 Tbsp of fresh ginger.

I added the blackberry juice and peach purée to a saucepan along with:
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 inch cinnamon stick

This mixture was brought to a boil then simmered for an hour. I skimmed off the foam, fished out the cinnamon stick, poured into sterilized jars and processed them for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

I have so far used it on grilled chicken and am looking forward to trying it on a pork tenderloin.

17 Likes

That sounds so yum!

1 Like

That sounds amazing. It’s also very interesting to be how our seasons differ. Blackberries here are only in flower, we won’t see fruit until late August

1 Like

Ooo! Yummy!

1 Like

That sounds so good!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Oh man! that looks and sounds so amazing.

1 Like

Omg, I’m drooling thinking about this!!

1 Like

Yummmmm…!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing!

1 Like

Sounds yum! This recipe has inspired me to try some different things.

We are staying at my parents’ place at the moment and their fridge is literally half full of condiments and sauces.

1 Like

Fugeddabout BBQ, I want to drink it!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Your project was one of the Best of 2021! Yoooooou ROCK!

1 Like

Mmmm… I had missed this when you originally posted it. It sounds so delicious!

1 Like