Blackbird girl

It turned out beautiful. I love the movement and flow of it.

2 Likes

This is simply gorgeous!

1 Like

I really enjoy the different mediums coming together on this. Watercolor is a medium I really love and want to know more about. Iā€™ll certainly check out the link you shared, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s beautiful! Thanks for the link, itā€™s definitely something Iā€™d love to try.

1 Like

Thanks friends!

@Manders and @SewCrafty, in case you havenā€™t seen it, thereā€™s lots of great links and art ideas in the Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong - weā€™d love more people to join in! (itā€™s quite a long thread, you donā€™t have to read through everything, youā€™re welcome to just jump in)

1 Like

@jemimah Iā€™ve actually never done a craft along before. Iā€™ll check it out! Is it making stuff in a group setting?

1 Like

Whoa, thatā€™s a lot of info! Definitely interested in the simple face tutorial. I canā€™t post threads currently, but the craft along is just posting replies?

2 Likes

Yes thatā€™s right, anyone can join in the craftalong, as much or as little as you like. We have monthly themes as prompts, just for fun. You can post photos of something you made from the prompts, or anything else you made that fits the papercraft, mixed media, or art journal categories.

Sometimes we have a zoom session and try out a youtube tutorial together (if you scroll through some of the thread, youā€™ll see the sorts of things weā€™ve done). Thereā€™s no pressure with those sessions, the only requirement is that you do some art (you donā€™t have show everyone what you make unless you want to).

The paper/art journal craftalong is very relaxed, itā€™s a friendly place to share our art, ideas, and links to resources, and general chat about paper arts. Thereā€™s a lot of info in there, you might like to bookmark the thread. Iā€™ve found so much great inspiration and ideas there, I hope you find some things that inspire you too! :smile_cat:

Feel free to message me if thereā€™s anything you want to ask more about.

3 Likes

Thank you!