Blackbird girl

A few of us from the Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong had a great time on Zoom today doing an art session. We were inspired by a free video by Toni Burt.

It was so much fun to do something different from my usual style. It incorporates watercolour, gel medium, collage, and graphite pencil.

This is the class we watched -

Everyone put their own unique spin on the ideas in the video. There’s lots of great tips and ideas in the craftalong thread, check it out!

34 Likes

I love it even more, now that I can see the details closer!

I love your blackbird and collage choices! Great dripwork, too!

1 Like

Thank you! And thank you so much for making it happen!

1 Like

This looks great. I like that purple- gray color.
Yours makes me want to go back and do the loose handed scribbles.

2 Likes

This is lovely!

1 Like

She looks like she is wrapped in the comfort of a vintage quilt! Love that you changed up your bird as well…lovely work…definitely a fun project to mix a lot of different techniques!

3 Likes

How gorgeous

1 Like

Beautiful! It has a very fabric-y/ stitched look to it.

1 Like

That is so very cool!

1 Like

So cool! I had watched the video before the Zoom session. It is really interesting to see how you used that technique and image as your jumping-off point. No geese in sight; love your take on it.

1 Like

So many crafts… so little time… but when I see what you are up to in that craftalong I’m tempted to let go of the yarn and dig into papercrafting for a while. I like your adaptation of this.

2 Likes

That is beautiful!

1 Like

This is lovely!

1 Like

That’s really gorgeous!!

1 Like

There are no words, just wow! Her dress: that is actually paper? :open_mouth: It has my brain’s wheels turning.

1 Like

Wow I love this!! The patchwork dress is my favorite part. :heart:

1 Like

Simply beautiful. Love the combination of media and texture in this piece. Will definitely have to take a closer look at your website and techniques you offer in your classes.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s not my class though, it it’s a class we watched together by Toni Burt - do have a look at her website, she makes some beautiful things :cherry_blossom:

I absolutely love it, what a classic piece. Almost gave me a vibe that it is a “limited edition” masterpiece lol… You’re very talented artist.

1 Like

This is so beautiful, I love your blackbird. I’m trying to get back into creating something, anything and this looks amazing. I just went and watched her class video and it looked liked it would be fun to try. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like