Bleeding skulls cake

For my husband’s 41st yesterday. My six year old insisted he have a “scary” cake—and he saw this one over my shoulder on Pinterest and said it was what dad would want. (Husband would have preferred a black cake with black skulls, but I didn’t want to use that much food coloring since he likes vanilla flavor over chocolate. ) I’d call it a Pinterest win! Mine is a little smaller and has fewer skulls, but it’s overall quite close to the original.

24 Likes

I LOVE this SO much! Did you mold all of those skulls, or did you find them for sale somewhere?

1 Like

I made them in a skull ice cube mold from Amazon (one that was two pieces, silicon, and pretty cheap-like ten dollars for two molds). Cheap white candy coating (almond bark in the us) that I melted in the microwave. I think it tastes gross but my kids think it’s gourmet lol.

5 Likes

ah, I’ve seen that mold then. Nice!
You are correct, those candy melt wafers are HORRID. Absolutely gross.

1 Like

This is so fantastic! The blood wouldn’t be nearly as dramatic on a black cake. :wink:

2 Likes

This is SO AWESOME!

1 Like

You most definitely NAILED IT! Super cool.

2 Likes

Looks great!
Nice icing job - you got that top edge nice and sharp (I’m a former cake decorator)

2 Likes

Wow! That is super cool and rather scary :flushed:

1 Like

Just perfect for 2020 Hallowen. Beautifully creepy.

2 Likes

Wow, this is beautifully done!

1 Like

Beautiful job! I love it, and it’s totally the cake I would want too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

DUDE! This is so RAD!

1 Like

Dude this is SICK. I am so jealous. I want a skull cake for my birthday! You executed it perfectly.

1 Like

Very cool!!

1 Like

You are amazing with the decorating. This is fabulous!

1 Like

Amazing!!!

1 Like

That is freaking amazing!

1 Like