Blue/grey/beige quilted patchwork pillow case

Hi all!

I was in the mood for sewing and since I have spring holiday, I wanted to sew another pillow case. I treated myself and bought a fun package of blue/greyish fabrics. (Not that I needed it :wink: )

I didn’t have a plan, just cut the fabric in squares and started sewing. Cutting pieces and sewing again. In the end the piece wasn’t large enough, so I added strips as a sort of frame. I like the the look of it!
I quilted it, just with a regular stitch nothing fancy or complicated.

And a collage of the pillow

I had fun sewing!
Thanks for looking.

21 Likes

The colors and the print designs are so serene! I’m amazed at people who say, “Oh, I just quilted up a pillowcase… I didn’t have a plan…” :flushed: !!! Very beautiful result.

2 Likes

This is the best kind of sewing…just going with it and following your creative instinct…it is lovely…the colors are just wonderful…love how you just pieced it together (it looks like you planned it all!).

2 Likes

Hahaha, well I admire people quilting WITH a plan :wink: :smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Very pretty! I really like the various patterns.

1 Like

Thanks AIMR and Kittykill!

2 Likes

It came out so great for not having a plan! I’m super impressed! Great colors, too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

You’re out of control.

:heartbeat: :metal:

2 Likes

I love the different patterns and colors, you did a beautiful job on making it.

2 Likes

Super cute! Well done.

1 Like

Aww thank you!

This is so relaxed sewing for me :smile: and sharing with you makes it more fun!

2 Likes

Nice job and I like the fabric you used.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s really lovely!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I so much fabric leftover so I will probably sew another one :smile:

1 Like

Beautiful, serene fabrics - such a tranquil palette. Lovely pillow case and quilting!

1 Like

Thanks!

Such cute fabrics together! This is really sweet.

1 Like

Thank you!