Easy peasy dogs pillow case

After sewing a quilted patchwork pillow case I remembered needing a gift for my stepmom this weekend.
She loves her dog (nowadays a jack russel, but she had a yorkshire terrier before) and I had some fun doggie fabric in my stash.

So I cut up a front piece and two back pieces so I could make an envelope closing. Love that.

And here it is, took me about 30 minutes with cutting, sewing, ironing and finishing the edges.

Thanks for looking!

18 Likes

Aww what a nice gift!

And, this is why we stash fabrics…so we can shop in our own house when we need to! See how lucky that you had the perfect fabric for this gift! ha ha

I also love the envelope closing…I used to hate making pillow covers because of the zippers…this is easy and can be taken off for washing! Nice job!

3 Likes

That is super duper cute!

1 Like

Those little doggies are so adorable! And I love the little “handmade” tag!

2 Likes

Thanks ladies!

Yes AIMR, it is nice to have a great stash. I bought this fabric with the intention of sewing my stepmom a bag, which I did a long time ago. I had bought more than enough and knew this would be the perfect gift.
I love the doggies too!
That tag is a piece of ribbon that has several images with the text handmade. So fun to use!

2 Likes

Adorable!

2 Likes

You make it seem so easy!!

1 Like

Super cute! I have yet to master an envelope closure - mine never turn out nicely - yours looks great!

2 Likes

Lovely pillow case and cute doggie fabric!

1 Like

Such a cute print! I love projects like this that can let a fabric sing :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s so cute, and I love that it was a stashbuster for you, too! :smiley:

1 Like

This is so cute!

1 Like

Thanks all!

It really is an easy project. I will take some pictures next time I sew one.
@TheMistressT, if you can sew such pretty French seams, you can sew an envelope closure too!

1 Like

Makes you wish you had a dog… ;-D

1 Like

I love this! Super cute fabric! And “shopping” from stash is the best!!

1 Like

This would be a favorite item of mine, if I were here. So I’m sure she loved it!

:metal:

1 Like

They just never lay nicely for me!

1 Like

Such a cute gift.

1 Like

Mhm I try to give it some extra fabric in the middle and pin the whole thing to keep everything in place. It works for me, not perfect but good enough :wink:

But I will take pics next time, maybe it will help someone.

And thanks all for your nice comments! :orange_heart:

1 Like

That is a lovely gift!

1 Like