Blue monster bag

I’m stoopid busy this month & I really don’t need any more cloth bags but you simply do not pass up a chance to make something with a @Kwality570 design. You just don’t. So, here’s my batik version of her adorable blue guy.

I made the hand stand out by cutting around it and tucking some dark blue under it. Subtle but it wouldn’t have shown up without that little extra step.

And if you’re gonna make a bag, Make A Bag!
Lined, pockets. I’ll be taking this to a crafting brunch tomorrow, it can be my new project bag.

Thanks Leann!

23 Likes

Omg! I love this so much! What a great bag!!! Your batik version is amazing!!!

2 Likes

It’s functional and fun! I bet it gets a lot of nice comments at your crafting brunch!

1 Like

Love it! Especially fond of that yellow fabric on the blue guy’s tummy. It’s great that you made something useful.

1 Like

Ooooh pockets! Love love the fabrics you chose both in the blue dudes batiks and the smashing stripes. So nice!

1 Like

The bag fabric was stash, see how I reversed the stripes for each piece? That was fun.

1 Like

I did see that and thought it inspired! That way you can tell at a glance where you are putting something and if your zipper is open. Might have to borrow the idea. :wink:

1 Like

ZOW-EE! How cute is this guy? And the striped bag - well I love both those stripes and the way you switched them from vertical to horizontal and back SO MUCH!

1 Like

Amazing!! Love your personal spin on a kwality monster! And that bag is A BAG. You don’t do anything half-way.

2 Likes

The boxed corners are almost my favourite part of the bag, I really enjoy how these stripes played out.

8 Likes

This is all sorts of awesome!

1 Like

A very satisfying boxed corner. MmmHmm!

1 Like

:rabbit2: :nest_with_eggs: :tulip: This is one hoppin’ craft! And it’s one of our featured projects this week! :tulip: :nest_with_eggs: :rabbit2:

1 Like

This is so cute! The pockets are the cherry on top.

1 Like