Blue muffins, because poop!

I saw this very interesting article about, erm, transit time as a guage for gut biome health & then my whole family wanted to dye their poop blue, lol.
So we baked these basic muffins with a lot of blue food colouring and some dried blueberries for flavour.

The flavour was negligible & they look more green than blue but we’ll see what happens, lol.

13 Likes

In the name of science…lol

5 Likes

I find whole kernel corn and mushrooms more definitive. But blue food color is fun!

1 Like

This is awesome. Our gut microbiome is fascinating. I hope you learn something about yours! I’d say report back but you might not be comfortable sharing that level of info, haha!

I might have to give this a try. :thinking:

1 Like

Ha! Fun for the whole family!

Rob said “pictures or it never happened?”

Um, no.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m just imagining the household conversations this would prompt… :laughing:

1 Like

That Rob is indeed a bit odd…lol…keep him…

1 Like

SCIENCE! I heard somewhere, couldn’t possibly remember where, that black licorice can have a similar effect on personal effluent. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I have to remind people when we serve and eat beets…no need to rush to the emergency room…you are not dying…

2 Likes

I was just about to mention beetroot. I started eating a lot of it last year…!!

2 Likes

POOP! This is hysterical and awesome.

1 Like

This is great!

One person has reported greenish leavings so far. Guess we’ll have to see what the morrow brings, lol.

1 Like

Hilarious discussion.

1 Like

I didn’t want to know more, yet I can’t help coming back to this thread wondering what will happen next. :rofl:

5 Likes

yep…lol…

Back in the day, I had some health issues so my doctor made me keep a Poop Calendar. Hubby was not amused but he sure checked it daily… :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Why did this make me laugh so hard?

Do y’all remember that crazy trend a while back where people would swallow capsules of glitter so that they could have glittery poop? Yikes.

2 Likes

I remember seeing those capsules advertised and the advert saying specifically not for eating! I can just imagine the people pumping out festival portapotties rolling their eyes.

2 Likes

My brother worked for a company like that…no one sees it, so unless you just like admiring your own, er, poop, then, glitter away! lol

1 Like