Blueberry Mousse Cake

I made this cake for my step son’s confirmation party. Personally I love it because it’s not too sweet and it’s a mousse cake.

UNFORTUNUTELY I’m not super happy with how little blueberry it tasted considered the colour. I’ll be working with the recipe to increase the taste and will eventually leave an updated recipe here for anyone interested. Right now I’m going to link to the Norwegian page which anyone interested can translate it: -recipe-

The colour is more red thanks to the lighting in the kitchen. The colour from the recipe page is closer to the right shades.

15 Likes

Sounds yummy to me! I hope you can make whatever adjustments you need to, to make it taste better to you.

1 Like

Lovely! Can you add freeze dried blueberries to amp up the flavor?

1 Like

I clicked on the recipe… but I can’t read Norwegian. :smile: All I know is Uff da. :laughing:

1 Like

What kind of blueberries did you use? I find the larger ”american” ones in the store taste less like blueberry.

Today I learned: What I call blueberry, and what grows in the forests here (V. myrtillus) is called Bilberry or European blueberry in english. Huh.

3 Likes

This looks delicious. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love mousse desserts, love them! The colour on that recipe page is positively fluorescent, wow.

1 Like

@endymion I do have some plans to how to improve the recipe, just need to have time to do it :smiley:

@steiconi I googled and found out that if I freeze the berries, then thaw them in the microwave I’ll get a lot of good juices out of them, then I can reduce those juices and add flavour :smiley: So you’re not far away from what I was planning to do. I mean if I get frozen berries from the store it’s easily done, but I used freshly picked berries.

@Annchen We do have large blueberries in the stores here as well, not that happy with them either. And I had to google the blueberry after your comment. We have both Vaccinium myrtillus and Vaccinium uliginosum here, the first is what we call blueberry, the second is similar, it does have more vitamins but it doesn’t taste as much, however it’s larger :stuck_out_tongue: I do not know what the things we get from the store is, I would put my money more one the second one.

@artsycandice Uff da will get you far XD My chrome web browser usually asks me to translate the pages for me whenever I come across a non norwegian or english page :stuck_out_tongue: But I’m planning to update this page with my edits so everyone can make it if they want

@Magpie Yes! The colour of that cake so drew me in, and while my cake did look similar in the right kind of light it didn’t have as amazing taste as I thought it would have XD

And thank you @MightyMitochondria it was delicious

3 Likes

This looks delicious!!

1 Like

This looks really tasty. I like the addition of all the fresh berries on top!

1 Like