Boho skirts into sundresses

Two years ago, I gave into my passion for long, floaty boho skirts, and accumulated nearly a dozen from thrift stores.

Last year, I turned several into summery dresses, using only stash. I love them more than the skirts!

I cut the bottom off a sleeveless blouse to make the yoke for this one:

The shoulders/sleeves are a crocheted doily cut in half and reinforced with muslin.

I recycled a favorite blouse by cutting off the ugly stain. Those are coconut. shell buttons around the neck. The skirt was originally kelly green, I turned it olive by soaking in Thai tea.

Mother of pearl buttons around the neck:

This one looks slightly better on me than on the hanger, but needs a rethink. The bodice features black lace over white fabric.

I recycled a blouse I kind of hated for this yoke; it had these awful, stiff ruffles around the armholes. The neck binding was the skirt waistband.

22 Likes

Awesome refashions! You have an eye for combining fabrics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! I’m impressed. These look great and super flowy and comfortable.

1 Like

Thanks, all!

I’ve added a β€œtutorial” in the boho skirts to blouses thread.

1 Like

Great job! I love boho skirts

1 Like

These kick butt!

1 Like

Fantastic! I have some long skirts that could use refreshing.

1 Like

Such a cleaver idea. They are so cute and look fun to wear.

1 Like

This! The structures are wonderful, but the combinations make them so cohesive and pretty.

1 Like

I love these SO MUCH! Long flowy skirts are wonderful, but sometimes you do want the more direct airflow of a shorter dress. :smile:

2 Likes

What a great way to upcycle the skirts! They’re all so fashionable! There are quite a few where I can’t tell which fabrics you added to turn them into dresses, the fabrics all work really well together!

1 Like

These bring awesome new life to old clothes! I love the neckline details you added.

1 Like

These are so pretty. You have an amazing wardrobe. The white one is my favorite. It’s so sweet and spring-y.

1 Like

Whoa! Awesome revamp!

1 Like